Madison Scouts 2020

On 1/26/2020 at 6:15 AM, thirdcoast said:

A big shout out to Chris and his team for the $200,000 reduction in the debt this past year. 

What is the source of this information? It appears your claim is false and/or a rumor. The financial statements shared by the Scouts and prepared by their accountant show a year over year increase of $51,447 in net assets from $(248,534) as of 10/31/18 to $(197,086) as of 10/31/19, not a $200,000 change. 

5 hours ago, Angelee said:

I was stalking the other posts on the board and saw that 6 bass drums are not the norm? I’m an old school color guard chick, so forgive my ignorance 😂 I counted 6 bass drums at the show and tell yesterday... Not the usual? Also 6 cymbals. 

6 bass was more popular in the mid 80's to mid 90's in some segments. Madison often marched 6

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

Top ten?  Not a reasonable critique. 16th place in 2018, 17th place in 2019. Jumps from there to top ten simply do not happen in this era. Enthusiasm and optimism are great. So is realism. 

wasnt that long ago Phantom went 1st to 9th

7 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

wasnt that long ago Phantom went 1st to 9th

That was a pretty good non sequitur. Scouts went from 1st to 7th. Of course that’s not what we’re talking about. We’re talking about jumps up. When’s the last time a corps went from 17th to 10th?  

1 hour ago, HockeyDad said:

That was a pretty good non sequitur. Scouts went from 1st to 7th. Of course that’s not what we’re talking about. We’re talking about jumps up. When’s the last time a corps went from 17th to 10th?  

Well Star went from no place to finalist so things are possible! I personally wouldn’t count the scouts out of Saturday night - that entire top 17 is a lot tighter competitively than BITD

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

Well Star went from no place to finalist so things are possible! I personally wouldn’t count the scouts out of Saturday night - that entire top 17 is a lot tighter competitively than BITD

Haha sure. 35 years ago. Kinda supports my assertion that in today’s environment that just doesn’t happen. 
I would be super happy to be proven wrong. I don’t see it happening however. 

Edited by HockeyDad
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, thirdcoast said:

I go to the annual meeting every year. I am in the know of what goes on with our 

Madison Scouts!

Not rumour, fact.

Dig a little deeper, you will see that our debt is being reduced significantly.

Go Madison Scouts!

Oh great!  Digging complete!  We found you - you’re in the know!  So here’s the question  - how much has debt been reduced since 1/28/2019?

Thanks in advance for your answer!

17 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Oh great!  Digging complete!  We found you - you’re in the know!  So here’s the question  - how much has debt been reduced since 1/28/2019?

Thanks in advance for your answer!

$7.23

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Angelee said:

I was stalking the other posts on the board and saw that 6 bass drums are not the norm? I’m an old school color guard chick, so forgive my ignorance 😂 I counted 6 bass drums at the show and tell yesterday... Not the usual? Also 6 cymbals. 

I read that the battery will "probably" be 7 snares, 4 tenors, 6 bass and 6 cymbals. As an alumnus of both the cymbal and bass lines I think the balance looks perfect 😀. That being said I never like to see only 4 tenors to start the year because of the frequency of knee injuries often leads to only 3 tenors and that is just too small.

Edited by bass5
  • Thanks 1