Will DCA be around in 5 years?

Will DCA be around in 5 years?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Will DCA be around in 5 years?

• Yes
    • No

On 1/29/2022 at 11:11 PM, Jeff Ream said:

DCA still here. its been written off many times, but it hangs on

Yet another DCA summer touring group goes inactive and more will be making the announcement in the coming weeks. The things that make you go hummm 

3 hours ago, camel lips said:

Yet another DCA summer touring group goes inactive and more will be making the announcement in the coming weeks. The things that make you go hummm 

yes i Saw Sun is taking the summer off and Fusion is going inactive. We're also coming out of a pandemic in which corps had few ways to make money.

I saw Fusion announced they were going Class A just a few days ago. I hadn’t heard they were going inactive.  If that’s true, it’s not looking good for DCA.  Sunrisers are inactive.  I haven’t heard anything about Skyliners.  Other corps are struggling for members.

14 hours ago, camel lips said:

I’m sure I’ll be criticized, but still don’t understand why this circuit exists. Other than being training corps, which DCI OC corps already provide, I fail to see the real value in today’s era of performance ensembles. 

Edited by Poppycock

21 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

I’m sure I’ll be criticized, but still don’t understand why this circuit exists. Other than being training corps, which DCI OC corps already provide, I fail to see the real value in today’s era of performance ensembles. 

People enjoy watching and people enjoy participating. Same came be said for local town or group music groups.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

10 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

People enjoy watching and people enjoy participating. Same came be said for local town or group music groups.

And from what I’ve read on here those numbers continue to drastically decrease annually. Just saying! 

Just now, Poppycock said:

And from what I’ve read on here those numbers continue to drastically decrease annually. Just saying! 

Not arguing that point. I’ve been saying for 20+ years that I’m surprised any corps exist mainly due to cost. Just trying to bring up that the DCA and exhibition (alumni type) corps have purpose other than any DCI connection.

• Like 1

Humor on: ... a tally? ... A TALLY???? ... There's no TALLY in drum corps!!!! ... Sorry ... just got done watching A League of Their Own ... LOL

• Haha 1