Time to Say Goodbye, after 15 years

12 minutes ago, cybersnyder said:

403 is an authentication error. No idea why because I don’t have any insight into their back end. 

Interesting. 

The error message I get is "Please stop posting here... we've had enough" :tongue:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

Well, this is a rules congress year...

Back in 2014, when trombones were so magically fast-tracked for immediate and overwhelming approval, I said to myself that at this rate, activity leaders could only find enough other distractions to amuse themselves for six more years, and we would therefore have woodwinds in 2020.  Of course, that was predicated on he-who-shall-not-be-named leading the campaign. 

Nevertheless, I have heard a crazy, uncorroborated rumor that woodwinds are already in the works, and somehow to be allowed in 2020 without the usual one-year advance notice that a major instrumentation change would require.  But if that rumor were true, someone would have corroborated it by now.

Wow!  I guess we’ll find out soon enough! 

7 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

Back in 2014, when trombones were so magically fast-tracked for immediate and overwhelming approval, I said to myself that at this rate, activity leaders could only find enough other distractions to amuse themselves for six more years, and we would therefore have woodwinds in 2020.  Of course, that was predicated on he-who-shall-not-be-named leading the campaign. 

Nevertheless, I have heard a crazy, uncorroborated rumor that woodwinds are already in the works, and somehow to be allowed in 2020 without the usual one-year advance notice that a major instrumentation change would require. 

Wow... if that's the case, I can hardly wait for 2026!!! :tongue:

2 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

Interesting. 

The error message I get is "Please stop posting here... we've had enough" :tongue:

oh good, they finally honored my request to have that transferred from me to you

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

Well, this is a rules congress year...

Nevertheless, I have heard a crazy, uncorroborated rumor that woodwinds are already in the works, and somehow to be allowed in 2020 without the usual one-year advance notice that a major instrumentation change would require.  But if that rumor were true, someone would have corroborated it by now.

I too heard the woodwind rumor in Indy, but it was a bit nuanced: all instruments, including woodwinds and strings could be featured in the front ensemble. The response ranged from they’ve been saying that for years and it hasn’t happened to it’s going to happen sooner or later. 

2 minutes ago, Ghost said:

And if that's the case, I'll have stopped following the activity for six years.

You are not alone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tim K said:

I too heard the woodwind rumor in Indy, but it was a bit nuanced: all instruments, including woodwinds and strings could be featured in the front ensemble. The response ranged from they’ve been saying that for years and it hasn’t happened to it’s going to happen sooner or later. 

Why can’t “Bandos” leave us alone?  Who let them in and gave them all this decision making power the first place? They have their own activity and we have our ours. If they want to join us, great, welcome - but don’t try and make us you. You adapt and change your style to us!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, greg_orangecounty said:

Why can’t “Bandos” leave us alone?  Who let them in and gave them all this decision making power the first place? They have their own activity and we have our ours. If they want to join us, great, welcome - but don’t try and make us you. You adapt and change your style to us!

it's those instrument mfgrs. or what DCI terms "sponsoring organizations" they acknowledge at Finals every year: I think the movies refer to them as "deep government."