New World-Class Criteria

12 minutes ago, garfield said:

It takes lots of dedicated staff and governance to create, modify, enforce, and monitor all of the business, safety, and touring requirements established by DCI .  A bigger corps has, presumably, more adults available to it to recruit into and share those roles that are required to live up to DCI's rules and requirements.

And presumably those adults are doing the job they are supposedly doing, know what they are doing and supposedly the needed tasks are all covered.

Of the course the big assumption is large number of corps members = large number of staff and volunteers..... Seeing that beginning to fall apart with a non-corps group I’m associated with

1 minute ago, JimF-LowBari said:

And presumably those adults are doing the job they are supposedly doing, know what they are doing and supposedly the needed tasks are all covered.

Of the course the big assumption is large number of corps members = large number of staff and volunteers..... Seeing that beginning to fall apart with a non-corps group I’m associated with

Assumption is the Mother of All Foul-Ups.  Or something like that.

2 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

That’s why I’d never bet the farm on something I assume (we all know what that spells out).

I worked IT too long, every time I hear “sure it will work that way” I cringe

So did the smaller corps have input on the changes or was it the top corps reps “knowing” how OC really works

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

That’s why I’d never bet the farm on something I assume (we all know what that spells out).

I worked IT too long, every time I hear “sure it will work that way” I cringe

Whenever I use a wireless microphone and hear "the battery should be fine..."   :tongue:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Most F bombs are done like this ILC, XXXX, with no ramifications from the mods.  Maybe BRASSO should have used XX's.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Requiring financial stability seems smart to me.

Not sure about requiring top 25 status. I guess it would depend on the total number of corps. But it does mean giving the judges a say in which corps get to be world class. Should they have that power? I don't know.

8 hours ago, garfield said:

It takes lots of dedicated staff and governance to create, modify, enforce, and monitor all of the business, safety, and touring requirements established by DCI .  A bigger corps has, presumably, more adults available to it to recruit into and share those roles that are required to live up to DCI's rules and requirements.

presumption can be dangerous

4 hours ago, soccerguy315 said:

this sounds like bad news for Jersey Surf

arguably the most financially response drum corps out there.

not necessarily. they made a wise choice last year that should pay dividends this year. And, well, now no Encorps. staf with local ties and a history of putting good stuff out there in other places.