Coronavirus

2 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

I have it on good authority that the number is 15 and falling.

Reported cases: 62 at last count.

Whatever.  325 MILLION people in the US, we're "chatting" around 62 cases, and our flu has killed more than 8,000 people this season and NO ONE calls the "US flu" a pandemic.

But, this one is just around the corner.  Just wait...

This unproven emotional fear may cause the drum corps season to be cancelled as so many conventions in Barcelona.  

Lucas Oil Stadium could be forced empty during finals week based on unrealized fear.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Seriously... media is wrong for getting facts correct?

If they only reported facts, "news" shows would broadcast for 15 minutes max and we'd be watching a LOT more Beverly Hillbillies and Andy and Opie.

They fill HOURS per day speculating on facts that, after enough repetition, turn their commentary into accepted new fact.

62 cases.

We don't eat bats or fresh-kill dogs to roast over an open fire.  We don't smuggle test animals out of testing facilities to sell them in the "wild animal" market.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, garfield said:

If they only reported facts, "news" shows would broadcast for 15 minutes max and we'd be watching a LOT more Beverly Hillbillies and Andy and Opie.

They fill HOURS per day speculating on facts that, after enough repetition, turn their commentary into accepted new fact.

62 cases.

We don't eat bats or fresh-kill dogs to roast over an open fire.  We don't smuggle test animals out of testing facilities to sell them in the "wild animal" market.

You must watch cable “news”. I don’t and this is one of the reasons why. I go to other sources that present both sides. And JohnZ is watching so I’ll stop there 😈

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Thanks 1

Just now, JimF-LowBari said:

You must watch cable “news”. I don’t and this is one of the reasons why. I go to other sources that present both sides. And JohnZ is watching so I’ll stop there 😈

You can't imagine the amount of "news" I consume on a daily basis, Jim.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

3700 people die a day in car accidents. Any further questions? 

49 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

We should do more to save those lives too.

Most car "crashes" are human error so how do we fix stupid?

• Haha 1

I originally entered this discussion to consider that the ACTUAL virus might cause the drum corps season to be modified/cancelled.

Now I think the ACTUAL virus might not cause the impact and, instead, the hyped fear for unrelated reasons might end up causing a modification of the season.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Most car "crashes" are human error so how do we fix stupid?

C’mon Ron White sez you can’t fix stupid...

4 minutes ago, garfield said:

You can't imagine the amount of "news" I consume on a daily basis, Jim.

And laughing face because you also put “news” in quotes. I’m still looking for a middle of the road/independent network that PO’s BOTH sides. Heaven knows they both PO me.... 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

And laughing face because you also put “news” in quotes. I’m still looking for a middle of the road/independent network that PO’s BOTH sides. Heaven knows they both PO me.... 

Just don't presume I only consume one "side" or the other.

Not true.

EDIT: And most of it - 90% at least - is "news" (aka: B-freaking-S).

Edited by garfield
  • Thanks 1