Coronavirus

4 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Sorry, Jim.  I posted the same thing after you.  🤗

Not a problem as I didn’t have the details. What I saw was some twitter posts and hate using those as “facts”.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Continental said:

Why build rockets that can go to Mars when we can all just take massive doses of LSD and go to Mars while laying down?

We were warned for many years that an event like this could happen.

What we weren't warned about was the commentary. 

Thanks for the snarkiness, but technology has obsoleted many things and to me Libraries are one of those things. I would expect to see a bit more justification before spending millions on new Libraries.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FlamMan said:

Thanks for the snarkiness, but technology has obsoleted many things and to me Libraries are one of those things. I would expect to see a bit more justification before spending millions on new Libraries.  

Libraries are also community cultural centers.  A lot more happens in them than checking out a book via the Dewey Decimal System. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

TIA more and more cancelling hourly

Other sports are getting hit as well.  FIE -- the Intl. Fencing Federation -- has postponed the next 5 weeks of events, including Jr, World Championships and all the remaining Olympic qualifiers.

Hell...I got hired to work 2 events next month -- one as event armorer and the other to work as an armorer for another vendor -- and now I'm wondering if those event's won't be cancelled.  We've already had a large youth event in Pasadena cancelled this morning.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Continental said:

I think a good topic would be how gelatin really didn't make it past the '70s.  

I know gelatin is still a thing with Jello, but I still fail to understand why a Waldorf salad can't be completely encompassed in a nice gelatin coating. 

I hate jello since my colonoscopy.  And I could only eat green jello.  Green ####### jello for twelve hours.  And that colon blow that tastes like a urinal puck smells.  But with a hint of lemon.

• Haha 3

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

I hate jello since my colonoscopy.  And I could only eat green jello.  Green ####### jello for twelve hours.  And that colon blow that tastes like a urinal puck smells.  But with a hint of lemon.

Know the one... hold your nose as if you can’t smell it you can’t taste it. Well can’t taste it as much.... 🤢

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, FlamMan said:

Speaking of Libraries, why are some communities investing in building a new Library? Who goes to the Library anymore? My kids did all of their studying online. Seems like a big waste of money to me. 

Then maybe your town should invest in community WiFi?

Mike

• Like 1