Encouragement Thread - If you need support let’s help

On 3/16/2020 at 9:08 AM, kkrepps said:

I'm most concerned about the elderly.  That bothers me at night.  Our church is shut down for two weeks, so a lot of them won't get around. Getting visitors in person is a concern. Make sure you don't neglect to call your elderly relatives and check up on them... more often than normal if possible. 

Maybe we should start a similar page on the DCA side of DCP (attempt at humor)?  

On 3/16/2020 at 10:47 AM, HockeyDad said:

Does anybody think there will be a baby boom starting nine months from now?  

Yes Future son-in-law is a process engineer for major hospital group in area; it is already on the calendar in OB dept.  

We have a large Navy presence in area (Hampton Roads) - there are large baby booms 9 months after aircraft carriers return as well.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

We have a large Navy presence in area (Hampton Roads) - there are large baby booms 9 months after aircraft carriers return as well.

Good lord the Abraham Lincoln came back recently after longest deployment ever. Never thought of this part of it. 
No longer at Nar-#### but saw it go thru some of its sea trials there years ago.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Good lord the Abraham Lincoln came back recently after longest deployment ever. Never thought of this part of it. 
No longer at Nar-#### but saw it go thru some of its sea trials there years ago.

Interestingly, when I went through bridge-tunnel yesterday it looked like 2 hospital ships were parked there as well.  IDK where they normally live, but I know it isn't where the carriers park

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

Some encouraging articles breaking this morning.  Won't share link but you can use the  Googler.  Here's just a few:

Researchers in Australia have mapped the COVID-19 in the human boby which could lead to obtaining a faster vaccination 

Four ways the virus can be eliminated 

POTUS pushes $850 stimulus package

Virus could bring down the current POTUS (scratch that) 😇

Salt water spray used in S. Korea to fight virus

Cases starting to decrease in China

Repeat: Cases starting to decrease in China

Wait!  Faster is not possible!  Every antiviral we've ever produced has taken months to get to vaccination!  You're not listening!

Only four ways?  And hold on, is that fourth one REALLY viable?

POTUS is one CHEAP sonofagun!  Can I spend that all at once?

Cases started decreasing in China last week.

This optimism is strictly prohibited anywhere in DCP.  I've done my best to eradicate it but, obviously, some has crept into our discussion.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, garfield said:

Wait!  Faster is not possible!  Every antiviral we've ever produced has taken months to get to vaccination!  You're not listening!

Only four ways?  And hold on, is that fourth one REALLY viable?

POTUS is one CHEAP sonofagun!  Can I spend that all at once?

Cases started decreasing in China last week.

This optimism is strictly prohibited anywhere in DCP.  I've done my best to eradicate it but, obviously, some has crept into our discussion.

It is easy to stop / inactivate the virus (kill is the wrong term as they are technically alive to begin with (they don't metabolize on their own)).

The trick is to kill it without killing the human host at the same time.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Interestingly, when I went through bridge-tunnel yesterday it looked like 2 hospital ships were parked there as well.  IDK where they normally live, but I know it isn't where the carriers park

In 90s was at the base about 15 times for computer work. Main building I worked in was near the carriers. On my last job was in contact with a few ships. One hadn’t emailed back so I asked a worker down there if he knew anything. Answer: “well I drove by coming in to work and there’s an empty spot there”. 😛

edit: 97 cases in PA currently. About 14 out of 67 counties hit and 10 cases in my county... wth?

Edited by JimF-LowBari

All I know is that I will never again take for granted the ability to jump in the car with Max (my 3 yr old Yorkie) and drive to Vermont to spend a weekend watching BAC rehearse during move in.  That experience seems so...distant.. these days.

• Sad 1

AZ Fish & Game stocked the lake (w/2 varieties trout) at our local State Park today!  Fly fishing w/waders tomorrow in a pristine location with a 10,000' mountain in the background.  COVID-19 What?   Social distancing with waders!  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, DCVNVET said:

AZ Fish & Game stocked the lake (w/2 varieties trout) at our local State Park today!  Fly fishing w/waders tomorrow in a pristine location with a 10,000' mountain in the background.  COVID-19 What?   Social distancing with waders!  

REALLY!  I'm off to the Per Marquette river in MI for two days of chuck-and-duck steelhead fishing.  I bought a new set of Simms with boots (so excited), and a new base layer.  We'll boat the first half of the day and walk most of the afternoon.  Just two of us and a guide who brings lunch.  Only risk is dinner in town that night.  The best steak in MI and I'll be standing outside?

Oh, that's all if they don't (and maybe despite if they do!) issue travel restrictions.  I added a nice 8 1/2, 4, 5 to my group that I'm itching to try!  Best thing?  10 hours a day of NO INTERNET and NO DCP.

Just a different kind of fish slime. 

Edited by garfield
  • Like 1