Encouragement Thread - If you need support let’s help

Some encouragement: stock market had a good day.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, garfield said:

Best thing?  10 hours a day of NO INTERNET and NO DCP.

Just a different kind of fish slime. 

Sounds like a great break in MI!  Mine is only 12 mi. from the house  but it is so scenic and peaceful can't see any civilization,  Do the catch and release thing with the trout then later try and score a Channel Cat or two for dinner with spinning rig. Next week is what I call "The Silent Generation Spring Break". Load up the Quad, the camping gear, pre prepared food and head for a secluded location in the Gila National Forest on the AZ/NM border.  Cell phone reception well one of the most underserved areas in the country. Six days four nights, Juniper campfires, Coyotes yapping, and if I'm lucky a Mexican Grey wolf howl or two.  Exploring and documenting cultural resource sites.  Pictographs, Petroglyphs, Carnes,  lithic scatters, pot shard scatters, rock shelters and pit house locations, all GPS plotted and photographed.  Don't have to worry about social distancing because after 20 some years of doing this type of thing I have only run across a couple of hunters or ranchers checking on their grazing allotment,  Not once a tree hugger!  Enjoy your peace and solitude as I will enjoy my tree break!    

42 minutes ago, garfield said:

REALLY!  I'm off to the Per Marquette river in MI for two days of check-and-duck steelhead fishing.  I bought a new set of Simms with boots (so excited), and a new base layer.  We'll boat the first half of the day and walk most of the afternoon.  Just two of us and a guide who brings lunch.  Only risk is dinner in town that night.  The best steak in MI and I'll be standing outside?

Oh, that's all if they don't (and maybe despite if they do!) issue travel restrictions.  I added a nice 8 1/2, 4, 5 to my group that I'm itching to try!  Best thing?  10 hours a day of NO INTERNET and NO DCP.

Sounds wonderful, but dinner will have to be take-out.

• Haha 1

•  

i'll type this slowly and loudly so people may understand this

LEAVE

THE

#######

POLITICAL

STUFF

OUT

OF 

THIS

PLACE

Thank you

10 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:
  •  

i'll type this slowly and loudly so people may understand this

LEAVE

THE

#######

POLITICAL

STUFF

OUT

OF 

THIS

PLACE

Thank you

I don't understand.  Could you speak a little faster, please?

1 hour ago, garfield said:

REALLY!  I'm off to the Per Marquette river in MI for two days of check-and-duck steelhead fishing.  I bought a new set of Simms with boots (so excited), and a new base layer.  We'll boat the first half of the day and walk most of the afternoon.  Just two of us and a guide who brings lunch.  Only risk is dinner in town that night.  The best steak in MI and I'll be standing outside?

Oh, that's all if they don't (and maybe despite if they do!) issue travel restrictions.  I added a nice 8 1/2, 4, 5 to my group that I'm itching to try!  Best thing?  10 hours a day of NO INTERNET and NO DCP.

Good fishin’! 🐠 

22 minutes ago, garfield said:

I don't understand.  Could you speak a little faster, please?

N

O

• Haha 1

We had an outdoor party to celebrate St Patrick's Day on my street. People bought their own drinks and munchies...no communal food. We just hung outside and had a nice social time. Ended up about 30 people chatting and just having fun. One neighbor is a retired vocal music teacher; she sang "Danny Boy", plus we had Irish music playing.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, MikeD said:

We had an outdoor party to celebrate St Patrick's Day on my street. People bought their own drinks and munchies...no communal food. We just hung outside and had a nice social time. Ended up about 30 people chatting and just having fun. One neighbor is a retired vocal music teacher; she sang "Danny Boy", plus we had Irish music playing.

Does your state suggest a limitation on how many people can gather together at any activity?  Reads like a great time.  Erin go bragh.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Does your state suggest a limitation on how many people can gather together at any activity?  Reads like a great time.  Erin go bragh.

Yes, and we had more, I'm sure. Not sure if outdoor numbers differ from indoor. People scattered themselves all over the lawn of the people who hosted the impromptu get together, as well as hanging on the street.  

Tomorrow we meet at 9:00 for our daily walk, probably 10 of us or so. We don't bunch up as we walk through the neighborhood; we really stretch ourselves out. Will walk about 2 or 2.5 miles.

• Like 1