If Current DCI Model Gets Cut Back...

5 minutes ago, Continental said:

I'm beginning to think DCI 2021 is toast as well. 

I'm beginning to think DCI 2021 isn't looking so sure anymore either. 

So far I have a lot of doubts too. Was planning to travel via car and train after retirement. Now thinking wait until a vaccine as in that “blessed” over 60 group. Know I am more (over) cautious than lot of people but wonder how many potential parents, audience members and MMS feel the same way.

Currently hang on the web waiting for the noon update for PA. We were going down and had a spike yesterday. What will today bring....

Edited by JimF-LowBari

9 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

So far I have a lot of doubts too. Was planning to travel via car and train after retirement. Now thinking wait until a vaccine as in that “blessed” over 60 group. Know I am more (over) cautious than lot of people but wonder how many potential parents, audience members and MMS feel the same way.

Gee - I had a comment in draft.  Went and logged in and it picked up both the draft and what I wrote after!  DCP is infected!

Took the bus today to get groceries.  There was a woman on the bus who looked at me from about 12 feet away.  She backed up in fear and then put her scarf around her face.   She was using a kleenex to hold her hand on the post.  It's a common reaction lately.  The "Omg you may have the plague so I need to put as much distance as is possible between - you may give it to me!"

This is not going to get better anytime soon and holding events with many people is going to be quite a challenge. 

Edited by Continental
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HockeyDad said:

I keep reading how in America and the world  “things aren’t going to be the same” after this is over. So, there’s no reason that doesn’t apply to DCI also. That being the case, how will DCI be different?  Smaller budgets, less touring seem like a few obvious ones. In my mind that’s actually a good thing. I think things got a little out of control over the last decade. 

You aren't going to see what you wish for. IMO, it could be bigger than ever as far as production for some and MAYBE a scale back for some. People will want to come back bigger and better than ever. 

With that said, as I said somewhere else, I do alot of auditions winter, summer and fall and as of now at least there is a concern coming back to a very intimate activity, This is among members as well as parents . This of course can change, people do tend to forget easily. The actual practices on tour can get even more strict.
A few questions would be

1 will buses be disinfected on a daily basis 

2 will corps bring with them instant testing kits ( when they become available )

3. Will schools allow corps to camp out at their facilities

4. Will schools charge even more to use facilities, including a team to come in and disinfect afterward

5. Will food trucks be under a stricter compliance 

6. IF.( hopefully not ) there is a 2nd out break while on tour, WHAT HAPPENS ( a plan in place )

7. Will tour sites be re- configured so that members spend LESS time on a bus and fewer long distances nights. 

As in stay in an area within a few hours for a few weeks, then travel further then do the same at that area, etc etc

Just a few things I am very sure that have to be addressed.

I would hope ALL people will learn something from all of this but that's alot of hoping IMO

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

As long as a post includes projections/predictions/estimates/best guesses/SWAGs (did I get all the buzz words?) regarding DCI and/or touring I’m cool....

SWAG - simple wild ###ed guess

I thought a SWAG was a scientific wild ***ed guess, which is slightly more refined that a mere WAG

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I thought a SWAG was a scientific wild ***ed guess, which is slightly more refined that a mere WAG

Guess depends where you work... I worked IT for Uncle Sugar... and heard it first from a lower level manager..🙄

Edited by JimF-LowBari

1 hour ago, cixelsyd said:

"Hopefully" is already a qualifier.

As far as I know, people are qualifying their statements (provided you hear them firsthand, instead of just one phrase taken out of context).

No hopefully is not a qualifier, but an adverb used improperly.  In this case hopefully means "We hope that 'they will both be in use'".  The messenger is being treated as he should, according to his previous incorrect and irresponsible statements.  Back to DCI, I hope (pun intended).

• Like 1

13 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

George Hopkins?

That is good work by you. Nice you get 3 snaps in a Z formation. 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Nice save.... which brings up the question of how far can corps go in requiring members to take precautions. Especially with meds since there might be someone who is in that small percentage that has an adverse effect to a med. My wife couldn’t take some meds that other could take safely so have seen it happen.

How far can corps go or how far members and parents will allow them to go (just thought of that)

And my off topic: masks are requested in my state but one local supermarket chain will require them next week. No mask, no entry. Should be interesting as sister dang near came to blows with someone last night refusing to social distance and no mask. Was waiting outside to pick up food and woman kept pushing through people for no real reason

For example, hydrochloroquine sulfate taken with azithromycin can lead to qt prolongation and arrhythmias.

• Thanks 3

I haven’t seen any mention yet of sporting events in re-open plans. (Granted, I’ve scaled back my news reading the past few days.) Obviously it’s a non starter for DCI until that resumes, right? How far in advance are DCI show deals typically worked out? How far can this part of the process be delayed or pushed back?

1 hour ago, Bob P. said:

No hopefully is not a qualifier, but an adverb used improperly.  In this case hopefully means "We hope that 'they will both be in use'".  The messenger is being treated as he should, according to his previous incorrect and irresponsible statements.  Back to DCI, I hope (pun intended).

Again, the statement you refer to began with this:

"HYDROXYCHLOROQUINE & AZITHROMYCIN, taken together, have a real chance to be... "

Note the qualifying words.

Now, re-read the "hopefully" sentence in its proper context.

Now, get back on topic, like you say you want to.