Colorado Marching Band Cancelled

Whatever happened to surfaces?  There was a time people thought they were more dangerous than airborne transmission.  Do we have any solid information in that now?  

It seems important because a lot of transactions involve putting things down for someone else to pick up.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, skevinp said:

Whatever happened to surfaces?  There was a time people thought they were more dangerous than airborne transmission.  Do we have any solid information in that now?  

It seems important because a lot of transactions involve putting things down for someone else to pick up.  

Yeah, the "beware of surfaces" thing seems to have gone away.  I'm also amused by the 6 foot social distance edict. Why 6 feet?  There is no empirical evidence to justify this, or any other level, as safest.

Look, there really is a Covid-19 virus with contagious properties. It's just that the necessary precautions are difficult to verify. Then, too, all of this comes with attempts to make political associations. That's why I expect attitudes to change with the coming election result. No matter how that shakes out, the motivation for such associations will be much less.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, skevinp said:

Easy answer IMO. This is a virus that we knew nothing about. It has been ever changing and we don;t know what long term effects will be.  AS more is learned or the virus changes so will everything else. Nothing with this will be black and white. We can't look for a solid antidote when something keeps changing or more is learned.  JMO

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

Easy answer IMO. This is a virus that we knew nothing about. It has been ever changing and we don;t know what long term effects will be.  AS more is learned or the virus changes so will everything else. Nothing with this will be black and white. We can't look for a solid antidote when something keeps changing or more is learned.  JMO

Guardling, can you please stop reading the news and being informed?

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

So we don’t even try to understand it?  

My wife is currently on a leave of absence because she is high risk but that runs out at the end of next month.  She will have to either return to her job or lose her job and our health insurance with it.  That job involves a lot of interactions where she will have to touch things that other people just touched.  I am just trying to understand the risks because of the decision we have to make.  

57 minutes ago, skevinp said:

So we don’t even try to understand it?  

My wife is currently on a leave of absence because she is high risk but that runs out at the end of next month.  She will have to either return to her job or lose her job and our health insurance with it.  That job involves a lot of interactions where she will have to touch things that other people just touched.  I am just trying to understand the risks because of the decision we have to make.  

I recall reading a few articles about a month or so ago that said the odds of contracting the coronavirus from surfaces is low. However, that hasn’t stopped my wife and I from either quarantining or disinfecting every thing that comes into the house and washing our hands compulsively.  

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, skevinp said:

The CDC updates their page as more becomes known:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/how-covid-spreads.html

Some recent studies I've seen in the news indicate that surface transmission although possible is not the primary way the virus spreads.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Fred Windish said:

Yeah, the "beware of surfaces" thing seems to have gone away.  I'm also amused by the 6 foot social distance edict. Why 6 feet?  There is no empirical evidence to justify this, or any other level, as safest.

I don't think anyone claiming that 6 feet is the safest distance. It's safer than 5 feet and not as safe as 7 feet.

• Like 1