Does no WGI = no DCI for 2021 (Hypothetical)?

1 minute ago, Continental said:

Some days the only thing missing on here is a dance routine to go along with the gang ups - like the prologue to West Side Story.

My arthritic knees don’t allow any dance steps. I’d probably be the shop owner telling everyone to play nice.

And Jeff can be Officer Krupke giving everyone grief. 😈

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Ok I should not post while waiting for the dog. But a “light hearted response” in the midst of the pain and suffering going on is way out of place imo.

When limited to the context of answering an unanswerable question, I think a little lifting of spirits is something we all could use.

My unanswerable question was meant to be rhetorical and can see why you thought I was actually looking for an answer. 

I did not realize that was a rhetorical question.  :doh:

As for CV and the nursing homes, IMO the states biggest fault is not being open with who decided what and WHY certain decisions were made. I’m biased with what I have seen but wouldn’t be surprised if state thought (or was told) the homes had the ability to handle CV patients without affecting other patients. Seeing how many cases there were among the staff it appears staff caught it and spread it among the non CV residents.

Those are good insights.  Maybe there should be an investigation, then, to explore those... and to learn what we can do better going forward.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

Those are good insights.  Maybe there should be an investigation, then, to explore those... and to learn what we can do better going forward.

Unfortunately the insights come from “school of hard knocks” (aka experience). My original intent was to share them for people who have not gone through the experience.

IMO needs to be investigations at all levels in this country when this is over. Not so much to fix blame but to freaking learn what to do and what NOT to do. Looking at today’s news and appears to be way too much personal selfishness and undermining of what might be information that could help. If we think this mess is bad with all the infighting, the next time could be a lot worse.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

Just out a few days ago...33 percent of Americans will not take a Covid-19 vaccine. Yeah. This is why we are # 1 in infections and deaths.

https://www.businessinsider.com/poll-third-of-americans-wont-take-a-coronavirus-vaccine-2020-9

Wonder what the percentage is with “I’d consider getting the vaccine but only after waiting (given amount of time) to see if there are side effects”. Yeah guess which group I’d fall under. But would mostly rely on my female, Indian heritage, half my freaking age doctor who keeps up on things and thinks of the patient before giving advice. IOW she bases her advice on the individual person and not same answer for everyone. 

Off topic but good thing IMO. Saw an article where my old college has just reported its 4th CV case. Considering over 10,000 at the main campus that’s a small number. What gave me hope was campus admitted there was a “bug” in its reporting system but now corrected. No idea what the problem was but being upfront and admitting there was a problem is bleeping good. Rest of article was a refresh of the CV quarantine procedures for students which made sense.

15 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Wonder what the percentage is with “I’d consider getting the vaccine but only after waiting (given amount of time) to see if there are side effects”. Yeah guess which group I’d fall under. But would mostly rely on my female, Indian heritage, half my freaking age doctor who keeps up on things and thinks of the patient before giving advice. IOW she bases her advice on the individual person and not same answer for everyone. 

Let me ask you this...would you not do chemotherapy if god forbid you have cancer..any type cancer? As a former and cancer free person I did chemo years ago, Yes..THERE WAS SIDE EFFECTS!!!!!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

Let me ask you this...would you not do chemotherapy if god forbid you have cancer..any type cancer? As a former and cancer free person I did chemo years ago, Yes..THERE WAS SIDE EFFECTS!!!!!!

Think you might have misunderstood me. I am NOT saying I would not take it. I am saying if a CV vaccine came out I would not be in the front of the line to receive it. I would probably wait to see what side effects (and how nasty) might show up with a larger number of people taking it. Being 60 plus and with some minor ailments I’d prefer to be cautious.

As for chemo, these are drugs that have been used in the past so they have a history of side effects, etc. Totally unlike a brand new CV vaccine. 

PS glad you are cancer free. Brother in law went through it with throat cancer (former chain smoker). 

Edited by JimF-LowBari

51 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

Just out a few days ago...33 percent of Americans will not take a Covid-19 vaccine. Yeah. This is why we are # 1 in infections and deaths.

https://www.businessinsider.com/poll-third-of-americans-wont-take-a-coronavirus-vaccine-2020-9

One guy I spoke to here in Montreal told me not to take the vaccine because it might have a microchip embedded in it. 

I didn't know how to reply so I just smiled and walked away and as I got further I started to run.

• Haha 1