Does no WGI = no DCI for 2021 (Hypothetical)?

10 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

So to recap - in Pennsylvania, state government told nursing homes that they must keep visitors out... but they must NOT keep CV patients out.

.tsrif ytefaS

pretty much. we had to visit my father in law through the window til June

6 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

Somewhere that is isolated from nursing home populations. 

This was supposed to be a hard question?

given the epic bipartisan failure surrounding all things Covid...yes

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

You said "if all they needed was bed rest to regain their strength".  But again, if they require nursing home care, then that is what they should get - without infecting other nursing home populations.  

Motels inadequate?  Plenty of other spaces were locked down.  Medical offices, outpatient surgery centers, physical therapy facilities, and other places with relevant equipment could have been put to use in a pinch.  Sports facilities at the pro, amateur, collegiate, K-12, and community levels were empty.  Schools, including colleges and their dormitories, were vacant.

Short on personnel?  Tap the military and reserves.  Bring retirees back temporarily.  Put students to work wherever appropriate for their level of education/training/supervision.  And remember all those medical offices, surgery centers, PT, etc. that were on lockdown?  That was another army of highly-trained people with sudden availability.

Look Phineas J Whoopie (the man with all the answers) why you call the governments and tell them you know what they should do instead of wasting your talents on a social media site? All the #### I was doing was trying to bring some information to dcp regarding care given in hospitals and nursing homes, not get this “they should have done this” crap like I can do a frigging thing about it or it’s my fault it didn’t happen.

To clarify when I said bed rest in a nursing home I meant rest with the medical care that is given in a nursing home or rehab center. Medical care that you do not need a hospital to receive. Doesn’t sound if you are knowledgeable with what care that may be from your response above. But then again some people here argue their heads off without knowing anything.

I’d ask why you even feel the need to argue this but I don’t care. Try to give some knowledge and get this in return, sorry I even tried to help. No wonder some people have left dcp.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Look Phineas J Whoopie (the man with all the answers) 

OK, Tennessee. 

x240

• Haha 3

Just now, N.E. Brigand said:

OK, Tennessee. 

x240

Only good thing about this is I checked and Larry (F Troops Agarn) Storch is still with us at 97. Yep he was voice of “the Greatest”.

OK dog finally ready to come in. Back to bed...

• Like 1

God forbid we have a "twindemic" this fall.  This senerio could shut down the WGI winter season & disrupt the DCI winter season.  Get your flu shot early!  

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/best-time-flu-shot-covid-19-pandemic-094500760.html

-------------------------

The dual threat of influenza and COVID-19 has public health experts warning of a “twindemic effect that could sicken the population and overwhelm hospitals.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends getting a flu shot in September or October. While flu season can last well into late spring, it typically ramps up in the fall and peaks between December and February.

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Look Phineas J Whoopie (the man with all the answers)

I would prefer that you refrain from name-calling.  There is no need for that.

why you call the governments and tell them you know what they should do instead of wasting your talents on a social media site? 

State governments only take calls from residents of their own state.

All the #### I was doing was trying to bring some information to dcp 

Same here.

get this “they should have done this” crap like I can do a frigging thing about it 

Well, you could "call the governments and tell them you know what they should do instead of wasting your talents on a social media site".  :peek:

or it’s my fault it didn’t happen.

No, it was not your fault.

I’d ask why you even feel the need to argue this but I don’t care. 

You quoted a post of mine, and asked an "unanswerable question".  I answered it, and indicated my sentiment that it was, in fact, answerable.

You mistook my lighthearted response as "snark", and asked a follow-up question requesting detail.  I answered it.

You restated that question with clarification.  I answered.

Now the fact that I am responsive to your questions = "arguing".

My sole point in this can be stated as such: stop infecting vulnerable populations.  That is the absolute LAST thing on Earth I would expect an argument over.  How about we agree to agree, on that?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

God forbid we have a "twindemic" this fall.  This senerio could shut down the WGI winter season & disrupt the DCI winter season.  Get your flu shot early!  

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/best-time-flu-shot-covid-19-pandemic-094500760.html

The dual threat of influenza and COVID-19 has public health experts warning of a “twindemic effect that could sicken the population and overwhelm hospitals.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends getting a flu shot in September or October. While flu season can last well into late spring, it typically ramps up in the fall and peaks between December and February.

"Twindemic"?

What this article fails to mention is "twin-mitigation".  Since we are already practicing social distancing/hygiene, so many people are self-isolating, and so many schools/businesses/gatherings are shut down, flu will have a tougher time spreading this season.

Regardless, follow the prevailing advice regarding flu shots.  And do not panic.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

I would prefer that you refrain from name-calling.  There is no need for that.

State governments only take calls from residents of their own state.

Same here.

Well, you could "call the governments and tell them you know what they should do instead of wasting your talents on a social media site".  :peek:

No, it was not your fault.

You quoted a post of mine, and asked an "unanswerable question".  I answered it, and indicated my sentiment that it was, in fact, answerable.

You mistook my lighthearted response as "snark", and asked a follow-up question requesting detail.  I answered it.

You restated that question with clarification.  I answered.

Now the fact that I am responsive to your questions = "arguing".

My sole point in this can be stated as such: stop infecting vulnerable populations.  That is the absolute LAST thing on Earth I would expect an argument over.  How about we agree to agree, on that?

Ok I should not post while waiting for the dog. But a “light hearted response” in the midst of the pain and suffering going on is way out of place imo. Especially when dealing with nursing homes, which I’ve spent more time visiting (probably close to a year in total) than I care to think about. That’s why I took it seriously.

My unanswerable question was meant to be rhetorical and can see why you thought I was actually looking for an answer. But living few minutes from the state Capitol I hear complaints, anger and threats almost every day directed at the PA response. Granted the response has been horrible at times but I hear things that have gone downhill to the point of bunch of guys at the bar well into their third pitcher. “They should do this, they don’t care, bleep those bleepers, etc, etc”. And when one side says “reopen now” and don’t wear masks (including a state rep) and another says “be safe and open slowly” the state is bleeped if they do and bleeped if they don’t. 

As for CV and the nursing homes, IMO the states biggest fault is not being open with who decided what and WHY certain decisions were made. I’m biased with what I have seen but wouldn’t be surprised if state thought (or was told) the homes had the ability to handle CV patients without affecting other patients. Seeing how many cases there were among the staff it appears staff caught it and spread it among the non CV residents. (Numbers of resident and staff cases were broken down by individual nursing home and posted earlier. Not sure if still there.)

And that bunch of guys at the bar into the 3rd pitcher... seeing that more and more on dcp with other topics...

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1