Does no WGI = no DCI for 2021 (Hypothetical)?

1 hour ago, DFA1970 said:

Just out a few days ago...33 percent of Americans will not take a Covid-19 vaccine. Yeah. This is why we are # 1 in infections and deaths.

https://www.businessinsider.com/poll-third-of-americans-wont-take-a-coronavirus-vaccine-2020-9

The article refers to an earlier poll where it was 35%.  Now it is 33%.  Looks like there is an increasing acceptance of the developing vaccine(s) among survey respondents.

That is good news.

7 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

God forbid we have a "twindemic" this fall.  This senerio could shut down the WGI winter season & disrupt the DCI winter season.  Get your flu shot early!  

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/best-time-flu-shot-covid-19-pandemic-094500760.html

-------------------------

The dual threat of influenza and COVID-19 has public health experts warning of a “twindemic effect that could sicken the population and overwhelm hospitals.

-------------------------

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends getting a flu shot in September or October. While flu season can last well into late spring, it typically ramps up in the fall and peaks between December and February.

6 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

"Twindemic"?

What this article fails to mention is "twin-mitigation".  Since we are already practicing social distancing/hygiene, so many people are self-isolating, and so many schools/businesses/gatherings are shut down, flu will have a tougher time spreading this season.

Regardless, follow the prevailing advice regarding flu shots.  And do not panic.

I like "TWINgermic" better. 

6 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

And that bunch of guys at the bar into the 3rd pitcher... seeing that more and more on dcp with other topics...

Yeah I think y'all should stop the day drinking for a while. :whistle:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, E3D said:

Yeah I think y'all should stop the day drinking for a while. :whistle:

The hell you say! 🍺 🍹 🥃 🍷 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, DFA1970 said:

Let me ask you this...would you not do chemotherapy if god forbid you have cancer..any type cancer? As a former and cancer free person I did chemo years ago, Yes..THERE WAS SIDE EFFECTS!!!!!!

I would do any and all treatments or vaccine's. 

16 hours ago, Continental said:

Some days the only thing missing on here is a dance routine to go along with the gang ups - like the prologue to West Side Story.

when you do DCP you do DCP all the way from your first cigarette to your last dying day