Plans to attend August event?

9 hours ago, GUARDLING said:

Most I know had no reaction to the 1st shot and 1/2 maybe did on the 2nd. I had the Moderna shot and nothing on the first BUT after the 2nd 24 hours later was out of commission for  2 days

I'm sorry you had to experience that, but now that you are on the other side it must feel more reassuring to have had both shots.  

I can't wait to get mine.   I just wish the second dose was sooner than the current procedure. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not so LOL but sounds like side effects from the vaccine is like how hard one is hit from Covid... my phrase is “it’s a crap shoot” as you never can tell until it happens.

Oops need to check PA Covid app to see where the state is on vaccine counts. Wish everyone else would gets theirs so I can get mine.  🥵

edit: PA just hit 3 million with at least 1st dose. About evenly split between totally vaccinated and 1st dose only. So about 23% with a dose and about 14% done 😃

Edited by JimF-LowBari

8 hours ago, Tim K said:

Things aren’t looking great for AstraZenica although that changes from day to day. I had Moderna. Good luck and hope you get vaccinated soon.

I'm reading the news every day and am becoming more immune to any concerns.  I figured with all the people who have had it vs. some of the issues, I have more probability of being okay. 

I just want to get this over with. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tim K said:

Thecradio show was more about people who were already hesitant about the vaccine hearing of the side effects and it was more about people hearing false claims and basing decisions on the claims. 

I know someone who is a nurse who told me he's not getting the vaccine.  The only thing I could think of was "You are a nurse and you should know better."  I didn't say anything, just that I was eager to get it.  

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

So, to get this back on track - let's figure out where we stand.  Seems everyone here will fit into the following somewhere:

Had the Pfizer Vaccine series - Going to Indy.

Had the Pfizer Vaccine series - Not Going to Indy.

Had the Moderna Vaccine series - Going to Indy.

Had the Moderna Vaccine series - Not going to Indy.

Had the J&J Vaccine - Going to Indy.

Had the J&J Vaccine - Not going to Indy.

Hope to get Vaccine - Going to Indy.

Hope to get Vaccine - Not going to Indy.

Not getting Vaccine - Going to Indy.

Not getting Vaccine - Not going to Indy.

Perhaps someone who knows how can set this up as a 'poll'?

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
speling
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Continental said:

I'm sorry you had to experience that, but now that you are on the other side it must feel more reassuring to have had both shots.  

I can't wait to get mine.   I just wish the second dose was sooner than the current procedure. 

Thank You

1 hour ago, Continental said:

Thank You. I wasn't comfortable BUT the alternative would be much worse, so it was ok by me. AS I said, I also have a person close to me that has very serious health issue and I was concerned about the shot for them and they had no reaction at all to either shot .It does feel good and is somewhat reassuring, the only unknown that is still worrisome is how long does it last AND of course how others behave.

57 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

So, to get this back on track - let's figure out where we stand.  Seems everyone here will fit into the following somewhere:

Had the Pfizer Vaccine series - Going to Indy.

Had the Pfizer Vaccine series - Not Going to Indy.

Had the Moderna Vaccine series - Going to Indy.

Had the Moderna Vaccine series - Not going to Indy.

Had the J&J Vaccine - Going to Indy.

Had the J&J Vaccine - Not going to Indy.

Hope to get Vaccine - Going to Indy.

Hope to get Vaccine - Not going to Indy.

Not getting Vaccine - Going to Indy.

Not getting Vaccine - Not going to Indy.

Perhaps someone who knows how can set this up as a 'poll'?

Had Sputnik, became Zombie - Going to Indy

Had Sputnik, became Zombie - Not going to Indy

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, GUARDLING said:

Most I know had no reaction to the 1st shot and 1/2 maybe did on the 2nd. I had the Moderna shot and nothing on the first BUT after the 2nd 24 hours later was out of commission for  2 days

Moderna 1st dose = low grade fever + fatigue.  Moderna 2nd dose = low grade fever + fatigue.  I really 'milked it' for all it was worth with my wife.  She states that I'm not a very good patient.  😇😷

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Continental said:

I know someone who is a nurse who told me he's not getting the vaccine.  The only thing I could think of was "You are a nurse and you should know better."  I didn't say anything, just that I was eager to get it.  

My wife and niece are both nurses who deal with covid patients.

That was the only reason they got the vaccine.

At the hospital where my wife works, unless a person has direct contact with covid patients, they aren't lining up to get vaccinated.

• Sad 1