2021 Season Question for DCI & the Participating Corps

4 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

H1N1.  

Yup. I have friend who was a chaperone parent with Teal Sound. She caught the virus and had to be put in a medically induced coma for the month of August. 

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Yup. I have friend who was a chaperone parent with Teal Sound. She caught the virus and had to be put in a medically induced coma for the month of August. 

I was sick for months.  I’d come home from work with a green tint to my face and collapse on the sofa. 

• Sad 1

40 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I was sick for months.  I’d come home from work with a green tint to my face and collapse on the sofa. 

Was this when you were working at the funeral home?  My understanding is that they have some rather 'industrial-strength' makeup that can address the green tint.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Was this when you were working at the funeral home?  My understanding is that they have some rather 'industrial-strength' makeup that can address the green tint.

Yes.  I worked there for 11 years.  I thought I was going to be using their services.  

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

We can discuss our experiences with the vaccine, as well as prognostications concerning the state of the pandemic come July, but the question was: 

What happens if a member or staff get sick in ST or on tour?

From what I have seen, the answer is :

1.  It is up to the Corps

2.  Some Corps have the ability to isolate the member during ST; no Corps seems to have published what happens if they get sick during the tour.

your guess is as good as ours unless corps and/or DCI HQ publish the rules

12 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

Those are not answers.

Neither is the idea that it could all be "moot" if everyone is vaccinated:

Sure... but the best vaccine efficacy is 95%.  What about the other 5%?

I am not so sure you will get an answer to this question, because a proper answer would have to acknowledge that there is still some tiny possibility that a corps member could get sick while doing this.

well the answer would be transparency from DCI HQ and/or the corps. hell still waiting to know exactly why a bunch of Crossmen staff bailed last year

• Thanks 1

On 4/8/2021 at 9:33 AM, IllianaLancerContra said:

We can discuss our experiences with the vaccine, as well as prognostications concerning the state of the pandemic come July, but the question was: 

What happens if a member or staff get sick in ST or on tour?

From what I have seen, the answer is :

1.  It is up to the Corps

2.  Some Corps have the ability to isolate the member during ST; no Corps seems to have published what happens if they get sick during the tour.

The answer for DCI tour quarantine protocol might be to charter a fleet of these mobile medical units.  They're built on a school bus chassis but I think they could make the shorter 2021 bridge tour.  (I'm kind of half-way serious.)  These are pretty impressive:

Edited by keystone3ply
cx

Meanwhile in the commonwealth of confusion(PA). In last group and not supposed to call to schedule for vaccine until 19th. But.... got text this morning from a friend that local place has so many open appointments they don’t give a crap what group you are in. Schedule... show up.. get a freaking shot. She (also in last group) goes today. Scheduled for tomorrow am and texted sis. Sis offered to help of I get sick from the shot then... I get text of “oh screw it, I only live 2 counties away. Hubby and me scheduled tomorrow pm.”

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Meanwhile in the commonwealth of confusion(PA). In last group and not supposed to call to schedule for vaccine until 19th. But.... got text this morning from a friend that local place has so many open appointments they don’t give a crap what group you are in. Schedule... show up.. get a freaking shot. She (also in last group) goes today. Scheduled for tomorrow am and texted sis. Sis offered to help of I get sick from the shot then... I get text of “oh screw it, I only live 2 counties away. Hubby and me scheduled tomorrow pm.”

Does anyone know why Pensylvania is so mixed up? 

I got J&J and I'm in the young groups. They are 16 and up here though.