2021 Season Question for DCI & the Participating Corps

57 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Meanwhile in the commonwealth of confusion(PA). In last group and not supposed to call to schedule for vaccine until 19th. But.... got text this morning from a friend that local place has so many open appointments they don’t give a crap what group you are in. Schedule... show up.. get a freaking shot. She (also in last group) goes today. Scheduled for tomorrow am and texted sis. Sis offered to help of I get sick from the shot then... I get text of “oh screw it, I only live 2 counties away. Hubby and me scheduled tomorrow pm.”

Did they tell you which one you’re getting? 

21 minutes ago, O'Neal's said:

Does anyone know why Pensylvania is so mixed up? 

I got J&J and I'm in the young groups. They are 16 and up here though. 

No I’d love to know but haven’t seen any good info. To make it worse I get the weekly Covid update for the state and if has 2 sets of numbers of vaccinations given. Freaking numbers don’t match... like not even close.

IMO PA wanted to make sure the people who need it the most got it first. But.... no thought of what to do if number of available vaccines outnumbers people (in those groups) scheduling. Also this stupid idea that blanket rules for the entire state is a good idea. If you haven’t lived here it’s amazing how many different types of people and living environment we have. Never realized how many types until went to college  few hours away. 

Plus state medical head just left for a DC cabinet job. Not sure how good the fill in person is doing

Glad you got vaccinated. 

Edited by JimF-LowBari

11 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Did they tell you which one you’re getting? 

Just got told you will be scheduled for the second shot and links to Moderna and Pfizer. Lack of info surprise surpise

Drove to the place to check and hardly any cars in the parking lot. And they want to schedule 5 minutes apart. 🤯

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I think under 18 can only get Pfizer?  

100 % correct.

There was story on this on the news this morning.

NJ is lowering the eligibility age to 16 as of 4/19.

That was do in part to planned increases in J&J doses.

Problem is,because of the problems at J&J's Baltimore plant,NJ's  allotment will drop by about 96% for the next several weeks.

That's gonna create more of a backlog in the scheduling of appointments.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

No I’d love to know but haven’t seen any good info. To make it worse I get the weekly Covid update for the state and if has 2 sets of numbers of vaccinations given. Freaking numbers don’t match... like not even close.

IMO PA wanted to make sure the people who need it the most got it first. But.... no thought of what to do if number of available vaccines outnumbers people (in those groups) scheduling. Also this stupid idea that blanket rules for the entire state is a good idea. If you haven’t lived here it’s amazing how many different types of people and living environment we have. Never realized how many types until went to college  few hours away. 

Plus state medical head just left for a DC cabinet job. Not sure how good the fill in person is doing

Glad you got vaccinated. 

I hope you get it soon! Hang in there.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, O'Neal's said:

I hope you get it soon! Hang in there.

Thanks ... I wanna start my retirement dag nab it... 🤪

50 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Just got told you will be scheduled for the second shot and links to Moderna and Pfizer. Lack of info surprise surpise

Drove to the place to check and hardly any cars in the parking lot. And they want to schedule 5 minutes apart. 🤯

They scheduled Jim and I a half hour apart and then took us in the same room at the same time and injected us one after the other.  I don’t know what they did with the other twenty minutes.  🤷‍♀️

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

They scheduled Jim and I a half hour apart and then took us in the same room at the same time and injected us one after the other.  I don’t know what they did with the other twenty minutes.  🤷‍♀️

When I got my first shot. I scheduled my second shot for 10 minutes after Hope’s. Then the intake person told me, “but you can really come in anytime on the day you are scheduled.” Go figure. I should add that there are about 30 stations going at the same time.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, O'Neal's said:

Does anyone know why Pensylvania is so mixed up? 

I got J&J and I'm in the young groups. They are 16 and up here though. 

because despite supposed to be coordinated state wide, at the local level its ####### chaos with wide swaths of "i wont get it the government can track me" types.

thats why it's called Pennsyltucky......Philly on one side, Pittsburgh on the other, Arkansas in between

8 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

because despite supposed to be coordinated state wide, at the local level its ####### chaos with wide swaths of "i wont get it the government can track me" types.

thats why it's called Pennsyltucky......Philly on one side, Pittsburgh on the other, Arkansas in between

OK - Blame Arkansas?