REOPENING PLANS & THE DCI 2021 "CELEBRATION TOUR"

Knowing that projecting your voice, i.e., singing requires more space than the 6’ guideline, and at least one choir was a super spreading event, would the guy who inevitably shouts, “They’re always ready,” be a super spreader?

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Barneveld said:

In Massachusetts, the Governor announced a capacity of 12% (recently updated to 25%). I don't know how they arrived at that figure. The venues (Gillette, Fenway, the Garden, etc.) took that number and used it along with social distancing guidelines to determine seating capacity. I've attended events at 2 of those facilities. They were selling tickets in groups of 2 and 4. There was plenty of space in between seating pods.

I have heard, in-directly, that DCI will be doing something similar (although the numbers in each "pod" may be different).

Thanks, I worked databases and can’t figure out how they worked seating with both distancing and people in groups. Would be easy with people seated by themselves, but groups with variable number of people here and there 🤔🤔🤔

39 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Knowing that projecting your voice, I.e., singing requires more space than the 6’ guideline, and at least one choir was a super spreading event, would the guy who inevitably shouts, “They’re always ready,” be a super spreader?

Hopefully 'that guy' will have received the vaccine.  Or he could yell thru his mask: "Moor, moor-moor moory!" 

:babies::spitting:

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I think it will probably top out at 60%.  I may be overly optimistic.  I know so many people who are refusing the vaccine.  

That’s why some places in PA opened up to everyone before the state gave the OK. Local places basically said “we are getting the vaccines but not enough approved people so bag it we’ll take everyone”. PA finally opened up totally about a week earlier than scheduled. 

Edited by JimF-LowBari

2 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

That’s why some places in PA opened up to everyone before the state gave the OK. Local places basically said “we are getting the vaccines but not enough approved people so bag it we’ll take everyone”. PA finally opened up totally about a week earlier than scheduled. 

I’m not criticizing them, tbh.  It’s a personal decision.  I pondered it awhile myself and I take all the vaccines.  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Where are we in vaccinated adults (16 and over)?  I know that in Illinois, 80% of seniors have been vaccinated.  I think it will probably top out at 60%.  I may be overly optimistic.  I know so many people who are refusing the vaccine.  

I doubt Michigan will get as high as 60%.

• Like 1