East Coast Showcase -- Lawrence, MA -- 8/4

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

um - yes? Their show is literally designed as an open love letter to fans and alumni. Many had become disillusioned with the organization - and it goes way back before 2018. It all started with an egomaniac as a director who treated everyone else as unimportant underling. HE extended that courtesy to all: caption head, a pretty young assistant or dedicated volunteer.

HE is gone. Next summer, I just want the members to have a terrific product they are proud of, and can be successful with. I certainly do not need another "throw-back" show... I don't know of anyone who wants or expects that.

I just want to see quality marching and playing and spinning...

But even more important: I want to see people treated with respect. 

WE are excited about the 2021 Cadets because they are a #### good drum corps, and yes, the show is a wonderful reminder of why we all fell in love with them in the first place!

I was a donor and Jim volunteered.  I became disillusioned.  I don’t care how they scored but a few people around (besides you know who, he was always ok)that organization treated people like ####.  Even if you were a donor and volunteer.  You know who I’m talking about and he’s not around them anymore.  Smart move.  What a pompous ###. 

• Like 2

On 8/4/2021 at 7:19 PM, OldSnareDrummer said:

Music City seemed a little stronger tonight. I'm starting to like them a lot. Gutsy corps. I don't think there was a multi cam last night so first I've seen of their uniforms. Those are sharp. Liked the tall light sabers at the end of the show too. 

Are they fielding a full corps this year? The video I saw of the a couple of weeks ago showed the were pretty small.

1 hour ago, bobjective said:

Are they fielding a full corps this year? [Music City] The video I saw of the a couple of weeks ago showed the were pretty small.

They are not a full corps but they are good enough size to get your attention. I think I initially counted something like 34 brass. Percussion is solid in size and they play very well. I imagine they will be larger next summer with a full season tour and competition. 

On 8/7/2021 at 5:58 AM, George Dixon said:

HE is gone.

But he still has drum corps opinions on social media, it appears. I was shown some posts where he's critical of BAC, calling it "very much the same. The same moves, the same body, the same drill, the same drumming." Critical of BAC and Cadets doing "the snare body dance thing." I lol'd.

5 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

But he still has drum corps opinions on social media, it appears. I was shown some posts where he's critical of BAC, calling it "very much the same. The same moves, the same body, the same drill, the same drumming." Critical of BAC and Cadets doing "the snare body dance thing." I lol'd.

I haven’t read or followed- he doesn’t deserve that attention- he’s a fraud and always has been 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Hrothgar15 said:

Is there a link to the former Cadets director’s social media?

Oh god please don’t promote his nonsense here !

• Like 1