Fri Aug 6 - Bring in Da Noise, Bring in DeKalb

9 hours ago, billj said:

Pit balance was not an issue in person

That's good to hear. Must have been Flo. 

2 hours ago, billj said:

Thanks for the reminder. Unfortunate that both Benediction and North Central have the home stands face direct west.

Football stadiums are supposed to be built with the west facing the visitors so the sun is in the visiting teams face and fans. 

13 hours ago, jwillis35 said:

For Bluecoats they probably could have gone the Cavaliers route but decided to do the show they would have done in 2020 (I assume). They likely have a good number of age outs marching who missed their 2020 chance. 

Actually, Bloo is very veteran light this year. The vast majority of the corps is Bloo rooks. This bodes very well for 2022 when many of these rooks return as vets.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer

14 hours ago, billj said:

In Dekalb, 12 rows up, the tarp was nothing but glare from the stadium lights. After SCVs tarp glare fiasco in 2019, can't corps and bands just stand down from giant tarps?

Traps don’t work in football stadiums 

Edited by Poppycock
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I used to live in NE Aurora Dupage county.  Been to both stadiums many times.  Is it hot up there today? 

Pretty warm nnd very humid. Similar to Dekalb last night so all the corps should be prepared for it. Fortunately at Dekalb, wind wasn't an issue. Hopefully that'll be the case tonight.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

Traps don’t work in football stadiums 

^this. On the periphery it's even ok, but lighting in football stadiums focused especially on the middle of the field. No way to avoid glare until someone invent a tarp/ink/paint product that  has matte finish that the glare is significantly reduce.

Even then, I've seen enough people trip and fall or almost fall on tarps that I view them as just plain unsafe. A Blue Stars brass player matching backwards onto the tarp tripped last night on Dekalb. Didn't fall thankfully.

In summary: tarps cost $, are a logistical challenge, are very hard to read under lights, and are unsafe. Why are they still being used?

• Like 3