Saturday Aug. 14 - DCI Celebration - The last dance

Ok now... I'm gonna be quiet again for awhile. Just want to soak what will be another emotional performance

• Like 1

1 minute ago, crownisking said:

IMO, the shift happen the year before with Ouroboros. Complete 180 from the 2016 show. 

Fair enough.

It was a transition show for me.  That ballad for Ouroboros felt like it fit well with 2016's musicality.  The opener had all the angsty direction they embraced with Babylon though.  

They went all in with it for Babylon.

Very cool video production by BD. Enjoyed it. It definitely shows off the things they do well and someone else noted. The individual talent and training, the section work, the ensemble, the showmanship of music, body, dance, color, expression. Lots of quick edits and video effects. It feels very ethereal and distanced, like someone walking out into a field (like we see a few times) and thinking about the future and how they fit in. 

I am not sure it says anything about the 2022 show, but you never know. Does BD play it safe, by their standards, and come out in 2022 with something they know will work, or do they Wow us all with something very fresh. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, KVG_DC said:

Fair enough.

It was a transition show for me.  That ballad for Ouroboros felt like it fit well with 2016's musicality.  The opener had all the angsty direction they embraced with Babylon though.  

They went all in with it for Babylon.

Fair point. I will say that seeing SCV win it all with that show in person was a real treat. Everything about that show was amazing.

• Like 1