Phantom Regiment 2022

Seems that it would or at least could have some effect competitively. Every day of missed practice is important even early in the season. The other corps are cleaning and improving as we speak. Hard to play catch up if you miss too many days. The other unknown is the effect on the members’ strength and stamina for the tough practice schedule to come.  Only time will tell. I’m sure the staff is on top of this. 

Praying for quick Regiment recovery. Your health and safety are the top priority. All your fans are so excited for this year's program and we are rooting for you!

The cavies had a flu outbreak in 2015 and had to take about a week off and even pulled out of the Atlanta show. They ended up 8th or 9th that year. It definitely affected their placement given that the year before and after 15 they were top 6. However, 2015’s design was… interesting anyways, so it’s hard to say if the sickness week really had that long of a lasting impact. Hoping Phantom gets well soon.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, kinetic inferno11 said:

The cavies had a flu outbreak in 2015 and had to take about a week off and even pulled out of the Atlanta show. They ended up 8th or 9th that year. It definitely affected their placement given that the year before and after 15 they were top 6. However, 2015’s design was… interesting anyways, so it’s hard to say if the sickness week really had that long of a lasting impact. Hoping Phantom gets well soon.

Some of that placement was probably a timing issue too. It hit them about the time they’d be putting in new endings, final cleaning, etc. 

Having it hit now may be less impactful. 

But yeah. Heath and safety above all. 

• Like 2

I recall Phantom getting hit with an outbreak right near the end of the 2016 season, I believe. They had to do their final regular-season show as a standstill, but they did recover in time for Prelims a few days later and it didn't seem to impact their final placement too much. Granted, that was with a rather weak show design to begin with and no strict quarantine protocol at the time, so I'm curious as to how this recent COVID outbreak will impact them competitively.

All that said, their health and safety is their top priority, and they're already outperforming my own expectations, so I look forward to their (hopefully) eventual return.

Edited by Cadevilina Crown

The show cancellation has to do with many moving parts in the show. If one of the people moving props is not there then people will be running into the props and that's what a thing. Also there are parts  that require two people working together like people dancing together or even the soloist handing off their instruments to someone else. And when too many pieces are missing it just becomes dangerous for everyone so that is why you would do a standstill

Edited by totaleefree
misspellings
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, college-phan said:

Am I the only one that is slightly scared of how this COVID outbreak might affect the corp competitively? They 100% have to do this quarantines and precautions. there’s absolutely no doubt about that, but I hope this doesn’t impact what they can achieve at the end of the season. Just a few days “off” could be pretty impactful.

However, I’ll also say that I’m pretty new to following tour super closely, so I’m not sure how sickness has been dealt with and impacted corps in the past. I just want to see Phantom succeed for the first time in way too long. Any thoughts?

I'm concerned about making it to finals & especially flying at this point.  Based on news reports, I'm ready to get a refund for my Delta tickets.  I think every corps should try to create a "bubble" for the touring cast, but a total isolation is just not possible.  Praying for safety for everyone on tour.

P.S. I saw a "Heartland" coach being towed at the Muncie Walmart after the show last Friday night.  Is Phantom using Heartland this year?  I know there use to be a few corps that use their coaches.      

• Like 1

1 hour ago, keystone3ply said:

I'm concerned about making it to finals & especially flying at this point.  Based on news reports, I'm ready to get a refund for my Delta tickets.  I think every corps should try to create a "bubble" for the touring cast, but a total isolation is just not possible.  Praying for safety for everyone on tour.

P.S. I saw a "Heartland" coach being towed at the Muncie Walmart after the show last Friday night.  Is Phantom using Heartland this year?  I know there use to be a few corps that use their coaches.      

I’m going to take the weeks vacation anyway so I’m keeping my plane tickets.   I’ll just do other stuff if this falls apart. I won’t go to Indy however and do stuff in Ohio and Kentucky instead. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’m going to take the weeks vacation anyway so I’m keeping my plane tickets.   I’ll just do other stuff if this falls apart. I won’t go to Indy however and do stuff in Ohio and Kentucky instead. 

Going to see Noah's ark eh? Not sure how I feel about this attraction but it looks pretty impressive in pictures.  Kind of an "Old Testament Disneyland"?  I think they should have made it a sailing vessel & let people cruise with the animals.   😁😇🛳️

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

Going to see Noah's ark eh? Not sure how I feel about this attraction but it looks pretty impressive in pictures.  Kind of an "Old Testament Disneyland"?  I think they should have made it a sailing vessel & let people cruise with the animals.   😁😇🛳️

Lol no.  Maybe go up to Hocking Hills for a few days.  But, let’s hope all is well for the championships. 

• Like 1