7 hours ago, Liahona said:

A far better recording of the show music...Thanks BFDTV!

Just a brilliant Ryan George book!!

Can’t wait to see this on the field!

Thanks to Bob from BFDTV!!

Edited by pbeau
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, craiga said:

Actually, the front ensemble has 15 members. It is huge.

Did some of them not perform because of space issues or something then? I didn't count the full front ensemble but I don't think there could have been more than 12 out there. 8 keyboards, timpani, synth and a couple rack players maybe? That couldn't have been the full front ensemble there for the concert.

1 minute ago, gbass598 said:

Did some of them not perform because of space issues or something then? I didn't count the full front ensemble but I don't think there could have been more than 12 out there. 8 keyboards, timpani, synth and a couple rack players maybe? That couldn't have been the full front ensemble there for the concert.

I don't know since I wasn't there, but  it's a very confined space.  But having spent time with them in Vermont, I can tell you that there are 15 members and Mallett instruments as far as the eye can see.  I think you will be pleased. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kdaddy said:

I really, really liked last year's BAC show. I'm not feeling this one... yet.

I've loved their brass book for the past several years.  After listening this morning, I'm hoping it'll grow on me with the show design?  For me, I think it's just a material issue.  Love the percussion book!     

• Like 1

Thank you BFDTV! Much better quality there. 

That Bari Soloist is off the charts. I thought on first read that many of the sounds where added effects, NO that dude is literally up in that register, Lip trilling, Flutter tonguing his ### off. 

Can't wait to see that Section performed on the Field. Ground-breaking stuff for DCI. 

Edited by Glenn426
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, craiga said:

I don't know since I wasn't there, but  it's a very confined space.  But having spent time with them in Vermont, I can tell you that there are 15 members and Mallett instruments as far as the eye can see.  I think you will be pleased. 

I just went back and recounted. I think I counted 14 and 4 marimbas seems to be a low number. Perhaps it was just a single marimba missing and everyone else just sort of blended in the background of the camera angle.

Also how tall is the end tenor player? He looks at least a full 6 inches taller than the rest of the battery.

5 minutes ago, Glenn426 said:

Thank you BFDTV! Much better quality there. 

That Bari Soloist is off the charts. I thought on first read that many of the sounds where added effects, NO that dude is literally up in that register, Lip trilling, Flutter tonguing his ### off. 

Can't wait to see that Section performed on the Field. Ground-breaking stuff for DCI. 

Honestly it had me fooled then...I thought it was added sound effects to enhance what he was already doing. Cool.

• Like 1