14 minutes ago, gbass598 said:

I just went back and recounted. I think I counted 14 and 4 marimbas seems to be a low number. Perhaps it was just a single marimba missing and everyone else just sort of blended in the background of the camera angle.

From my sources there at Boston , they will field the full maximum allowed on the field of 165 this season, broken down as follows :

26 trumpets..... 16 mellos.....26 baris/ euphs.... 12 contras ( 80 Brass )

9 snare....5 tenor....5 bass.... 16 Front Ensemble  ( 35 Percussion )

48 Guard

2 Drum Majors.

• Like 2

Yeah,  he is 6'9".  The other four tenors are actually about 5'8" to 5'11" but they look little next to him. 

8 minutes ago, gbass598 said:

It's funny he's next to the shortest guy in the tenor line.

Lol...I know...and I got nothing on that one. That goes into the category of HFIC. (Have Faith in Colin) 😀

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

I've loved their brass book for the past several years.  After listening this morning, I'm hoping it'll grow on me with the show design?  For me, I think it's just a material issue.  Love the percussion book!     

It is definitely a departure from seasons past in terms of music selections no doubt. I get a feeling it is not going to be everyones taste. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Liahona said:

It is definitely a departure from seasons past in terms of music selections no doubt. I get a feeling it is not going to be everyones taste. 

Tune of the show could be “Can’t take my eyes off of you”.  Got a big reaction from the crowd at CIP.

• Like 2

This show has definitely grown on me since my first viewing about a week ago. I’m starting to really love the moments in it, even had a big smile on my face the other night watching the bfdtv upload. With additions to the field show to make these moments pop, which I know Townsend is a master at creating, it will be a lovely show for sure to watch grow until finals! 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, craiga said:

Yeah,  he is 6'9".  The other four tenors are actually about 5'8" to 5'11" but they look little next to him. 

I wonder how many times this season this same question will  be asked. Perhaps I should make a prediction in the prediction thread about it.... 🙂

It’ll be this season’s show thread drinking game. “When someone comments on the tall tenor, drink!”

• Haha 4