Carolina Crown 2022

karuna

15 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

And yours are! Pot Kettle Black aka. hypocrite! 

I don’t really make predictions about other corps .. I voice some opinions. But I do say what Crown might can do. I’ve never been in the BD thread and never said a word about where they will place. Said another way I don’t go to other people’s house and tell them how crappy they are. Just the facts. You’re over here .. running down Crown .. which frankly you’re better than that. I mean why ?  What’s the point?  Feel better ?  Brings you pleasure. Just interested. 

Edited by BWise

4 minutes ago, BWise said:

Fascinating to me how quiet camp BD went this week and now the BAC scare is over and the victory laps and let’s tell everyone why they cant win is back. Absolutely amazing. 

Do they spend as much time in the BD thread talking about what they like about BD as they do in the Crown thread talking about what they don’t like about Crown?

it would be interesting to count the posts.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, BWise said:

Fascinating to me how quiet camp BD went this week and now the BAC scare is over and the victory laps and let’s tell everyone why they cant win is back. Absolutely amazing. 

I’m glad you’re easily amused! Good luck to the Crownies tonight and in Indy. 

Just now, skevinp said:

Do they spend as much time in the BD thread talking about what they like about BD as they do in the Crown thread talking about what they don’t like about Crown?

it would be interesting to count the posts.  

I've was wondering the same thing recently. What if we counted posts from notable BD and Crown "honks" (do we use that term anymore) on both threads and rate the posts positive, neutral, negative. I wonder how the counts would fall? 

• Like 2

Just now, Poppycock said:

I’m glad you’re easily amused! Good luck to the Crownies tonight and in Indy. 

Did not say amused. Says fascinated. Which for me means what psychologically what drives the action. 

7 minutes ago, BWise said:

I can't and won't speak for the rest of camp BD. They are grown adults and can speak for themselves. But as for me, I haven't went anywhere. I have been here the entire week, including showing alot of love to BAC and their fanbase in the BAC thread. I was one of the people who said BAC would be top three, maybe top two before the season started when I got a secret video of their show early June, and I went on record saying it in this forum and got laughed at by some. 

No fear or being scared by me. I am more concerned with BD finishing top two for the 14th consecutive DCI Season.

If BAC/Crown/Bloo/SCV come back and win next week, it's because they earned it fair and square, no excuses. And I will be congratulating and showing love to the champion and their fanbase, just like I did in 08/11/13/16/18. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

5 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

I can't and won't speak for the rest of camp BD. They are grown adults and can speak for themselves. But as for me, I haven't went anywhere. I have been here the entire week, including showing alot of love to BAC and their fanbase in the BAC thread. I was one of the people who said BAC would be top three, maybe top two before the season started when I got a secret video of their show early June, and I went on record saying it in this forum and got laughed at by some. 

No fear or being scared by me. I am more concerned with BD finishing top two for the 14th consecutive DCI Season.

If BAC/Crown/Bloo/SCV come back and win next week, it's because they earned it fair and square, no excuses. And I will be congratulating and showing love to the champion and their fanbase, just like I did in 08/11/13/16/18. 

Their top 2 record is truly amazing.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

I've was wondering the same thing recently. What if we counted posts from notable BD and Crown "honks" (do we use that term anymore) on both threads and rate the posts positive, neutral, negative. I wonder how the counts would fall? 

You know. There was some person that I’ve never seen before Bneat .. that posted the most cogent and incredible .. critique of the Crown show here  .. like real stuff. They should do this or that .. and it was awesome. I loved it. Don’t know who he/she supports but it was just so “real”.  This other stuff is just baiting and unfortunately I fall for it almost every time because I feel passionate within the Crown thread. Apologies to the home crowd that don’t like the drama and I don’t dislike these ppl some are funny but .. I can’t walk by them crapping on the Crown program that has a solid professional staff. And yes Jeff Sacktig does know how to design championship  shows so .. just because it’s not this little tight wound thing around an obtuse concept doesn’t make it invalid. It’s just different mindsets. Simple. We all like different stuff. It’s ok. 

Edited by BWise
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, BWise said:

Or you can do basically the same thing every year that barely gets a few claps and win. Be what you want to be. I’m not sure what is Drum Corps about carrying around a blue paper bag. But .. you seem to know. And you seemed pretty dang sure prior to scores BAC had won last night. 
And we’ve heard Henry’s opinion about 599 times including Crown in sixth on some rants.  Funny how you guys were scared s$&tless last night. Just look at the numbers. It’s simple. Crown is more behind in music right now that visual and GE. So to me. There is no factual evidence to support your opinions. And I’d say 90% of your prognostications have not come true. 

Scared ########???  About a drum corps show??? Hardly. Scared ######## about nuclear war, and a divided nation, sure. But a drum corps show?  If that’s what scares you, i think your priorities are messed up!  It’s those kind of remarks that draw in the non-Crownies to your threads. 

BTW, 5 people out of 165 carry those blue tarps. FIVE!  

you are just so used to high brass awards (and deservedly so!) that you think the fix is in if you lose that spot. As i see it, the Devils are using new horns (thank goodness) and Crotts has been lighting a fire under them. Times change.

as a Devils fan, i am likely not alone in saying that I don’t take their success for granted. I am always appreciative of their effort and skill, and enjoy every victory. But again, times change. This string of successes will end one day, to a corps who puts on a better show at a better level of performance.  Likely not this year but, who knows?  There would be No shame in that. I would applaud the victor without taking anything away from BD. 

• Like 3