2022 Season Predictions

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/15/2022 at 11:33 PM, queenanne_1536 said:

I bring up 2019 because that was the last competitive season. 2021 is completely irrelevant. 

I remember Scott Stewart at 1989 finals saying he felt the '89 Scouts were more talented than the '88 Scouts. That may have been true, but the '88 show design was on an entirely different level than the '89 design. The '88 design took a less talented corps (compared to BD, SCV, Garfield, Cavies and possibly Regiment) to 1st place, where as a much weaker design in '89 dropped the corps to 7th place. A corps Scott Stewart himself thought was more talented than his championship corps. Having the highest talent ever doesn't mean $hit if you don't have the design to back it up.

When is the last time Boston has beaten Bluecoats? 2003. When Bluecoats weren't top 5 caliber.

When is the last time Boston has beaten Vanguard? 2005 seminfinals. When Vanguard wasn't top 5 caliber and fielded their lowest placing corps in DCI History. Boston only ever beat Vanguard during Vanguard's weakest season from 1972-2019. 

When is the last time Boston has beaten Crown? Once in 2019.

Boston has never threatened a Vanguard or Bluecoats when those two corps have been at, or even near, their full powers.

So no, Boston has no track record of challenging Vanguard, Bluecoats or Crown when those three have been top 3 caliber, and they have only beaten Crown once when Crown was top 4 caliber. Nor, have they beaten Blue Devils ever (as you said). Nor, have they beaten the Cavaliers when the Cavaliers were top 4 caliber.

Of the top 6 corps form 2019, they are on the outside looking in, until they prove otherwise - in design and execution. The other top 6 corps from 2019 have storied histories with very successful track records. Boston does not. 

Again, I'm not saying they won't move up this year. I'm saying is is silly and ridiculous to make assumptions based on the things you and others do - without even hearing or seeing Boston's show or their main competition. You would have thought you all would have learned your lesson in 2019, but nope!

So, I don't know where Queen Anne went,  but this post certainly didn't age well.

Edited by craiga

The last prediction post of the season before the 2023 speculation posts begin. Here goes...
1. Blue Devils
2. Boston Crusaders
3. Bluecoats
4. Carolina Crown
5. Santa Clara Vanguard
6. Cadets
7. Blue Stars
8. Cavaliers
9. Phantom Regiment
10 Mandarins
11. Troopers
12. Colts

*Bluecoats Alumni Corps (fan favorite award) 

1 hour ago, KVG_DC said:

Heh cashing a few receipts I see. 

I thought about collecting receipts, but I am going to let it go.

Besides I don't have a file cabinet big enough for all the receipts I could collect from this thread lol. 

And it won't change anything anyway.

All the same stuff we saw in this prediction thread will be said in the 2023 thread.

Particularly the corps from Concord CA finishing 4th.  

• Like 1

On 5/29/2022 at 2:37 PM, craiga said:

So, here goes:   Blue Devils, Boston, Bluecoats, Crown, Santa Clara, Cadets  

And before anyone's head explodes, remember it is only one person's opinion of what could be.

Somebody buy this guy a box of the finest Macanudo cigars. He made this top 6 prediction back on May 29th... Most here on DCP likely thought he was already smoking something exotic and strong when he made it back in May. lol.  But he had been to Boston Crusaders May Move in camp. so he likely knew something was cookin' there... just don't ask me how he got the others right,... 'cant explain that other than his crystal ball was on the money.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, craiga said:

So, I don't know where Queen Anne went,  but this post certainly didn't age well.

...was banned.

Edited by Liahona

• 10 months later...