2022 Season Predictions

19 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

True, but MJ played baseball. Different sport, but remained active as an athlete. 

Truthfully, BD is going to put out another fantastic show. Overall, I would say they are going to be just fine. 

True. Good points!

1 hour ago, Chief Guns said:

I remember Jordan walking away from basketball for two years, come back and three peat as if he never left. 

BD sure can do it too. And I think they will. See you in August. 

Jordan was one special athlete. BD and all corps  are a yearly changing group. Kinda apples and fuel filters comparison.

I'm hoping for an awesome show from them all. I'll be in Indy.

2 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

Jordan was one special athlete. BD and all corps  are a yearly changing group. Kinda apples and fuel filters comparison.

I'm hoping for an awesome show from them all. I'll be in Indy.

Hopefully i will see you there. My son is marching Contra for Gold this year. First year as a DCI parent for me. So i will be at Open and World finals in August. 

I love my Devils, but i think all the corps are going to light it up this summer. The real winners will be us. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Hopefully i will see you there. My son is marching Contra for Gold this year. First year as a DCI parent for me. So i will be at Open and World finals in August. 

I love my Devils, but i think all the corps are going to light it up this summer. The real winners will be us. 

I'll be rooting hard for Gold then!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Regardless of what anyone want to say.. Aren't you tired of Blue Devils proving all wrong ? :spitting:I disagree 100% that two years off, and few staff changes will affect them. BD Organization is not the same as most of all your faves organizations, I stand by it. Am i saying they can't fall to fourth or lower no, but i don't see it for the reasons some of you expressing. Let the season begin first then we can come back to this conversation. 2021 DCI Celebration season was special, but it was nothing competitively to even use for measuring corps fielding against Blue Devils not fielding, on how well they are going to do this season. When i see three or more corps this season coming out with the best designed shows, then i Yes i can accept. I'm done.. 🤭😝

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, theonlyfizzle said:

Regardless of what anyone want to say.. Aren't you tired of Blue Devils proving all wrong ? :spitting:I disagree 100% that two years off, and few staff changes will affect them. BD Organization is not the same as most of all your faves organizations, I stand by it. Am i saying they can't fall to fourth or lower no, but i don't see it for the reasons some of you expressing. Let the season begin first then we can come back to this conversation. 2021 DCI Celebration season was special, but it was nothing competitively to even use for measuring corps fielding against Blue Devils not fielding, on how well they are going to do this season. When i see three or more corps this season coming out with the best designed shows, then i Yes i can accept. I'm done.. 🤭😝

They certainly have the best marketing in DCI. The organization is very powerful controlling usbands and western bands. Also their BD entertainment is very good too.  I'm sure they'll be great, but I'm ready for other corps to really bring it.

Boston show last year was very fleshed out for a celebration season. Coats too. Cavies also came out and have another year under their belt for their horns...

I'm sorry, but it's a new year and a fresh slate.

I can't wait to hear an improved BD hornline.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Boss Anova said:

Cool ! Good luck to your son , proud Dad ! 

Super proud of my son. Never in a million years did i think i would be a DCI Dad lol. He has only been playing tuba for four-five years. He was playing football then one day switched to music, never looked back. I am so excited for this summer!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, jjeffeory said:

Any other corps who basically took a year off of performing and touring who have a ton of you predict that that corps would take a step back competitively, but no.... A bunch of people seem to think that BD won't skip a beat...

Color me amused...

I think the corps that actually fielded and went to Indy have better chance for competitive success this year.

Looking forward to  Bluecoats, Cavaliers, and Boston to do well. Thinking Crown will too. 

For me, SCV and BD are wildcards, especially  with their staff changes.

I could see both in 4th and 5th...

Every corps goes through cycles.

that BD has had the same design team for so long, and is basically THE it corps in DCI, i wouldn't rule them out just because they didnt go out last year

• Like 1