2022 Season Predictions

11 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

that BD has had the same design team for so long, and is basically THE it corps in DCI, i wouldn't rule them out just because they didnt go out last year

I'm not ruling them out as much as praising those who bothered to come to Indy.

Actually, Crown was smart too. They managed marketing of their efforts last year well too.

I'm sure the judges will continue to love the powerful Blue Devil organization.

1 hour ago, theonlyfizzle said:

BD Organization is not the same as most of all your faves organizations, I stand by it.

Why? 

I'm sure in the 60s people felt the same way about the Green Bay Packers

• Thanks 1

I think BD will be fine and that's why my prediction above has them in 1st. If anyone can withstand two years of competitive inactivity and currently having only a dozen or so vets, it is they.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, mjoakes said:

You're expecting actual marching in DCI? 🤣

That's the truth! Words such as clean, dress, cover, ranks, interval, and alignment, would be a foreign language to both students and staff.

Besides pushing, pulling, climbing, hanging and/or standing on props, marching in DCI is jazz running, fluttering from one set to another, ring around the rosie (aka. prop), strike a pose, then park and bark. Rinse and repeat! 

Edited by Poppycock
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

Besides pushing, pulling, climbing, hanging and/or standing on propos, marching in DCI is jazz running, fluttering from one set to another, ring around the rosie (aka. prop), strike a pose, then park and bark. Rinse and repeat! 

Things your naughty little Blue Devils have been winning with for quite some time, now. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Poppycock said:

That's the truth! Words such as clean, dress, cover, ranks, interval, and alignment, would be a foreign language to both students and staff.

Besides pushing, pulling, climbing, hanging and/or standing on props, marching in DCI is jazz running, fluttering from one set to another, ring around the rosie (aka. prop), strike a pose, then park and bark. Rinse and repeat! 

Not sure about this, Poppy. I just spent 5 days in Vermont with a certain group based in Massachusetts, and their staff was absolutely emphatic about covering down files, dress points,  intervals, set definition, form accuracy,  and all the rest.   But I'll see what I can do in getting them to hang off the props at least once for you! 😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

On 5/29/2022 at 8:02 AM, Boss Anova said:

Agreed. 

I believe the poster ( " Triple Forte " ) asked us if it would be good and healthy for the activity if... " IF "... the Blue Devils finished 4th this season. Yes, I do agree that " IF " this occurred, it could be good and healthy for the activity. A shakeup in placements of more than 1 or 2 placements up and down the placement lineup by the Corps would be deemed good, imo. Not just with the Blue Devils in the medals contending groups, but up and down the placements ranks, imo

Would it be good and healthy for the activity if the judges unfairly slotted the Blue Devils 4th then for this reason ?. No, it would not. That would be terrible and not good, nor healthy for the activity.  At all. Did " Triple Forte " suggest the judges do this ? From my reading of his comment above, no he did not. Might it have been better if " Triple Forte " suggested it would be good for the health of the activity to see more placement shifts this season up and down the DCI pecking order and not mention the Blue Devils by name ? Yes, imo.

The Blue Devils have set the standard in DCI for competitive excellence like no other.. 19 DCI Titles.  Even recently, from 2007-2019, the Blue Devils have finished either 1st or 2nd in all 13 of those seasons. I see no evidence that any of their their placements were not richly deserved here either, despite naysayers complaints we have heard or read about along the way from their competitors in the Blue Devils usual pecking order. I agree with the sentiment expressed also here that if you want to move up the DCI placements, then you must earn it. This sentiment not only applies to competition within the Blue Devils tier, but up and down the DCI placements.

Best of competitive success to all the Corps this season... Blue Devils included. This season is unprecedented in that DCI has never had such absence from judged competition for not 1 , but 2 seasons. Its remarkable all by itself to learn that we have not lost more corps to this pandemic caused absence from competition.  Each corps no doubt handled the 2 year absence in their own unique ways to make it work so that they could return to the field of competition this season in the best competitive shape possible for themselves... and with members and staff as healthy as humanely possible These Corps all are to be applauded for their efforts during these most trying of times for the activity. Congratulations to all of them for making it through, and best of success to all of them on the field of competition this summer.

Well put, sir. Well put. 

On 5/29/2022 at 9:39 AM, corps8294 said:

I haven't heard anything about the Bluecoats or Blue Stars, yet.

And that’s the way Bloo likes it.