2022 Season Predictions

3 minutes ago, Vidal28Rdg said:

I’m more so looking forward to what the next few years have to offer compared to even this year for many corps. I don’t this is even a really prevalent take at all but anyone that would argue kinda like the optimistic “THIS YEAR HAS THE BEST TOP 5, TOP 10 IN DCI, BEST YEAR EVER NO DOUBT!!” take is not true for this year, I just don’t believe it IMO. It isn’t, but I do definitely predict corps to ERUPT over the next several years as the return to near normalcy continues. How design and musical choices shape each year is yet to be determined, but I’m very hopeful for the years to come, even if this year’s not my favorite, im still gonna go to a live show, follow the season and enjoy it.

The drop off from 2019 to now is very obvious. This year is fun because it’s the comeback tour. Hopefully the best is yet to come for this activity 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Big Bird said:

Updating my predictions after seeing everyone’s shows up to their most recent performance

1. Bluecoats (GE, Guard)

2. Blue Devils (Visual, Percussion)

3. Crown (Brass)

4. Boston

5. Cavaliers

6. SCV

7. Mandarins

8. Cadets

9. Blue Knights

10. Phantom Regiment

11. Blue Stars

12. Music City

13. Colts

14. Academy

15. Crossmen

16. Scouts

17. Troopers

18. Pacific Crest

19. Genesis

20. Jersey Surf

I was wrong about the Cavaliers. The early season video I had seen made them look much worse than how they have ended up. Happy to see my earlier prediction was wrong.

I have a feeling Crown will peak too early and fall off towards the end. I also feel that Bluecoats will surge when the show is fully realized. If this doesn’t happen, put BD 1st, Crown 2nd, Bluecoats 3rd.

Probably a better prediction. You still took a risk putting Music City in 12, BUT that would be fun to see!

I have a suspicion that Genesis will be higher on the list, and maybe Troopers too.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

And, with context, having a young corps isn’t a weakness because, with even more context for special effect, everyone is young

Huh? I guess you’re trying to be cute or something… I just watched their latest run, that guard is a weakness- still a very good corps for sure. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Huh? I guess you’re trying to be cute or something… I just watched their latest run, that guard is a weakness- still a very good corps for sure. 

You’re so funny 🙂 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, jjeffeory said:

Probably a better prediction. You still took a risk putting Music City in 12, BUT that would be fun to see!

I have a suspicion that Genesis will be higher on the list, and maybe Troopers too.

I would love it if they made finals.  That would be so exciting for them. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

9kjmj6ukp6a91.jpg

All in due time.  Saturday over Crown comes first. 

• Haha 2

Just now, purenjoyment said:

All in due time.  Saturday over Crown comes first. 

Personally don't see anyone beating Crown this year JMO

• Like 5
  • Haha 2