Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, And Safety

5 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

According to Wikipedia, whether "woke" is an insult or high praise depends on who is using the word.

"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less." "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things." "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master—that's all."

Lewis Carroll - Through the Looking Glass

• Like 2

The Equity part is going to make the auditions part of joining a corps a waste of time.  

• Haha 1

On 3/28/2022 at 7:40 AM, Smug Trumpet Guy said:

Is this really necessary? Drum corps these days take anyone with a pulse and ability to follow through with the financial obligation. If you haven't noticed there are holes at EVERY corps in almost every section.

Not to sound smug, but maybe there are so many holes because this actually is necessary.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, critter said:

Not to sound smug, but maybe there are so many holes because this actually is necessary.

And the corps will never know unless they check…

But for some reason just checking cheeses some people off… Ironic as thinking of guy I worked with. He felt ok so assumed he didn’t have any problems and never checked. Went to his viewing last week.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

This thread is hilarious.  Let's virtue signal to the "kids" by throwing around some buzz words.  That'll fill the holes, lol. Sorry folks.  Staff, participants, fans, boosters, social sites, and yes forum admins, years ago killed true diversity in drum corps.  The most important diversity, diversity of opinions and ideas, has been shouted down and banned by those who've self anoint themselves as keepers of drum corps morality.  But hey, "it's for the kids, so you can ignore the awful outcomes and lack of participation created by our policies and behaviors."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, BamRam said:

If a group takes it seriously, it’s a lot more than throwing buzz words around. But it takes seeing it in action or caring to find out to learn that. 

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, BamRam said:

This thread is hilarious.  Let's virtue signal to the "kids" by throwing around some buzz words.  That'll fill the holes, lol. Sorry folks.  Staff, participants, fans, boosters, social sites, and yes forum admins, years ago killed true diversity in drum corps.  The most important diversity, diversity of opinions and ideas, has been shouted down and banned by those who've self anoint themselves as keepers of drum corps morality.  But hey, "it's for the kids, so you can ignore the awful outcomes and lack of participation created by our policies and behaviors."

No need to clutch your pearls.  A gatekeeper will be along shortly to delete this post and make sure you don't get offended by a different viewpoint.

you have a very nice drum corps

• Haha 4

13 hours ago, BamRam said:

No need to clutch your pearls.  A gatekeeper will be along shortly to delete this post and make sure you don't get offended by a different viewpoint.

Wow, just wow.  Thank you "In Living Color"... 🧐😁 

Reference @1:08: "But I have to disagree, there's too much violence in this movie. Don't get mad..."  

Reference @3:15: "Hello, Glenn Close is a woman. Clutch the pearls..." 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

Wow, just wow.  Thank you "In Living Color"... 🧐😁 

Reference @1:08: "But I have to disagree, there's too much violence in this movie. Don't get mad..."  

Reference @3:15: "Hello, Glenn Close is a woman. Clutch the pearls..." 

My wife wasn’t a fan of the show but these two always broke her up. She “got it” that the show was making fun of stereotypes and not the humans. Just saying “two snaps in a circle” broke her up.

Myself… Home Boy Shopping Network.. 🤪😆

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

My wife wasn’t a fan of the show but these two always broke her up. She “got it” that the show was making fun of stereotypes and not the humans. Just saying “two snaps in a circle” broke her up.

Myself… Home Boy Shopping Network.. 🤪😆

What does @Poppycockalways say?  “Hated it!”

• Haha 5