Airfare impact on DCI 2022

15 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

Any DCP-ers flying into IND today or tomorrow, please give us a report.  I'd like to compare to my flight experience which was delayed 7.5 hours by Delta.  I canceled my flight for refund & decided to drive.  I made it to the hotel before my flight departed.  Ridiculous.

IND weather looks great for the rest of the week.  Godspeed! 🛫   

I'm riding in a car from Bloomington, IN, but I will be going fast, so maybe I'll report on the cops on I-69 heading North...  Wish me luck, there's road construction and deer; both have hit the car I'll be in recently...

• Haha 1

Flight in from Atlanta yesterday was fine minus a 30 min delay. (Waiting on flight crew) have to say TSA and general ATL airport employees were horribly rude and nasty. Blah blah Over worked probably but still no excuse. Indy airport a breath of fresh air. I realize both are two different animals but Atlanta pushes so many through rude made be the only way to get it done.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mjyaub said:

Flight in from Atlanta yesterday was fine minus a 30 min delay. (Waiting on flight crew) have to say TSA and general ATL airport employees were horribly rude and nasty. Blah blah Over worked probably but still no excuse. Indy airport a breath of fresh air. I realize both are two different animals but Atlanta pushes so many through rude made be the only way to get it done.

😂

I was supposed to depart Wednesday evening through Austin. Big weather delays caused the flight to Austin to move to Thursday morning, so I rebooked through Dallas. Then as I was drifting off Wednesday night, I got an email that Dallas-to-Indy was altogether canceled. I hope that plane full of people, probably more than a few DCI fans, make it to Indy!

So... I canceled AA altogether, and I'm now flying direct to Chicago then driving three hours to Indy. I'll hopefully get to the stadium for Troopers or so today. I'm going to need to see some upsets this week to make this effort worth it. Like Regiment in top 6 and BAC winning gold.

Air travel... it's the best and the literal worst.

Edited by kdaddy
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

I was supposed to depart Wednesday evening through Austin. Big weather delays caused the flight to Austin to move to Thursday morning, so I rebooked through Dallas. Then as I was drifting off Wednesday night, I got an email that Dallas-to-Indy was altogether canceled. I hope that plane full of people, probably more than a few DCI fans, make it to Indy!

So... I canceled AA altogether, and I'm now flying direct to Chicago then driving three hours to Indy. I'll hopefully get to the stadium for Troopers or so today. I'm going to need to see some upsets this week to make this effort worth it. Like Regiment in top 6 and BAC winning gold.

Air travel... it's the best and the literal worst.

After all that, you may have to live with disappointment for last thing. But oh how I wish also for BAC.

• Like 2

Ohh boy….arrived @ BWI 35 minutes ago and there is a hideous alarm going off and the airport is shut down. People everywhere in front lobby. Flight scheduled to leave in 60 minutes lol 

Update, missed my flight to Indy. Now on standby to get there thru Dallas. So it’s a 50/50 chance I make it. 

all because someone tried to bring something illegal thru security. Shut the whole place down for 30+ minutes 

Edited by Prtzdle
  • Sad 2

• 3 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

Was just curious about your return flights from IND.  Did anyone suffer any delays or cancelations for your return home?  Forgot to ask as I got busy with the start of school & the fall adventures.     

We got in early on Allegiant.  Had the front seats, too, leg room and talked to the flight attendants most of the flight.  They both live in Punta Gorda so neighbors!

We’re going to fly on them next year because there are no direct flights from Sarasota or Ft. Myers to Cincinnati. We’d have to go to Tampa.  Nope! 

• Like 1

On 6/11/2022 at 7:23 AM, Tim K said:

I enjoy going to the Indiana State Fair on the Wednesday I arrive and that’s about it for excitement in Indianapolis, but do people attending finals do a great deal of sightseeing? When finals was held in Foxboro I seem to remember at least some complaints of hotels not being located near the stadium, and the people I knew who traveled a distance did not make day trips to Boston, the Cape, Newport, or the coast of Maine, though they did discover the Wrentham Outlets, an outlet mall no different than any other outlet mall. I think most people who travel to finals usually fly in for the shows then go home.

in 94 with the set up of quarters on Wednesday due to a Pats preseason game, a lot of sight seeing got done Thursday. Spent most of the day in Boston then drove up to see family in Concord NH