FLO questions

5 hours ago, Tony Flores said:

Flo does not stream BOA, only US Bands. Box5 Media streams BOA now, as well as DCA

They need to remove it from their links.  Maybe they share other BOA content but not the shows?

(BOA is a listed under the "Season" link) 

Edited by keystone3ply
cx

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

For a month anyway 😆.

I can crank up my usual beef about watching Division II and Division III sports online with no issues…. And that Div III football stadium doesn’t look too high tech 😱

I will be in one of those DIII stadiums this weekend when I go to my Alma Mater UW-Whitewater.  First live show of the year.  That will help me decide if I am going to go to Allentown or not.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Tony Flores said:

Flo does not stream BOA, only US Bands. Box5 Media streams BOA now, as well as DCA

Any easy way to see what bands are with what group? No idea about my HS or bands in my area. 

5 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Any easy way to see what bands are with what group? No idea about my HS or bands in my area. 

Might search these websites; at some point they list the bands as they register under the events or competitions.  

https://usbands.org

**There are already some bands listed under the USBands events:
https://usbands.org/events/?month=04 

https://marching.musicforall.org

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I may keep Flo alive myself after Finals to catch some band comps. The ones that were posted here last year really got me interested to see more. 

Warning from DCI on scammers offering live streaming to DCI shows.

Text: 

It has been brought to our attention that a series of fraudulent social media posts have been created in an attempt to solicit fans of Drum Corps International’s performing ensembles to purchase discounted/alternative livestream access to a number of events. These posts are, in fact, part of an apparent phishing campaign and are not endorsed nor supported by DCI and its participating organizations. Although we will continue to diligently monitor our social media channels and will remove and block the offending posts, we want to make sure that our loyal supporters are not victimized by this scam.

FloMarching, a division of FloSports, is the only authorized site and portal for subscription-based streaming of 2022 DCI Tour events. Subscriptions can and should only be purchased through FloMarching.com. FloMarching does not conduct transactions over Facebook or other social media sites. A complete schedule of streaming events and subscription information can be found through dci.fan/WatchLive22.

https://www.facebook.com/100064763498349/posts/pfbid0S1cmb9KKN1EraQ2a6USfeNKNdrr6HBXemwqofrRXx2uaSh1Q7UZEUTRFQzYyMwZul/?d=n

2 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

Warning from DCI on scammers offering live streaming to DCI shows.

Text: 

It has been brought to our attention that a series of fraudulent social media posts have been created in an attempt to solicit fans of Drum Corps International’s performing ensembles to purchase discounted/alternative livestream access to a number of events. These posts are, in fact, part of an apparent phishing campaign and are not endorsed nor supported by DCI and its participating organizations. Although we will continue to diligently monitor our social media channels and will remove and block the offending posts, we want to make sure that our loyal supporters are not victimized by this scam.

FloMarching, a division of FloSports, is the only authorized site and portal for subscription-based streaming of 2022 DCI Tour events. Subscriptions can and should only be purchased through FloMarching.com. FloMarching does not conduct transactions over Facebook or other social media sites. A complete schedule of streaming events and subscription information can be found through dci.fan/WatchLive22.

https://www.facebook.com/100064763498349/posts/pfbid0S1cmb9KKN1EraQ2a6USfeNKNdrr6HBXemwqofrRXx2uaSh1Q7UZEUTRFQzYyMwZul/?d=n

All 30 of us, huh? That should fetch those scammers some dollars. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

All 30 of us, huh? That should fetch those scammers some dollars. 

I think the deal is selling cheaper streams to parents/friends than Flo and then stealing the credit card info. Several comments to the FB post were from folks who got took and are dealing with fraudulent charges. 

• Like 1

Gotcha. You'd think they'd go after a bigger audience. But then again, if they're going after unsatisfied Flo customers. that could be a potential gold mine for them. 

• Haha 1

Just now, OldSnareDrummer said:

Gotcha. You'd think they'd go after a bigger audience. But then again, if they're going after unsatisfied Flo customers. that could be a potential gold mine for them. 

Sadly, I see your point. Promise of a better product is always enticing.