Masks!

7 minutes ago, year1buick said:

It’s pretty rare to see anyone out and about here in Texas wearing a mask. (Restaurants, movie theaters… wherever.) In fact, people have pretty much back been back to “normal” routines with their activities for quite some time now. (Well over a year or more.) Whether it lasts, who knows? But, unless specifically required, I’d be surprised to see many masks worn in the stadiums at the Texas shows. (Again, who knows? Maybe drum corps crowds will be different.) Especially with the summer we’re in for— on par already to rival 2011. Temps for the next seven days are all 100+. 

I have to attend a conference in Nashville in September, and I'm perfectly fine with being the only one in attendance wearing a mask.  If someone makes a remark as to why I'm wearing a mask, I'll just say that I have an embarrassingly large zit on my nose, and I'm tired of people focusing on it. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, KVG_DC said:

For in the stands, yeah mask. There’s a convention going on that’s getting a lot of social media by people tracking how lousy the air quality and ventilation is. Probably gonna be a spreader, particularly when they all get on planes. 

I’m still trying to get the idea of sitting butt cheek to butt cheek and knees about in the back of the person in front of you but…. It’s outside so distancing isn’t a concern. 🤦‍♂️
I know LOS is inside I’m talking about any closely packed event.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I think we should be respectful of each other no matter what choice is made by individuals.  To mask or not mask.   That shouldn’t be too much to ask but maybe I’m reaching for the stars here. 

Agreed. Thankfully, I’ve not personally come across any of that in a while. (Early on— quite a bit.)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mjoakes said:

Muncie was so messy crowded in the middle I left my aisle seat and moved to an open area on the 20. Still good view of shows and less of a mess.

crowds are tough for me. DCI crowds especially so. Many nice folks; many rude, jerkish folks.

Yes - I was on the aisle row 24 in the middle section & I felt like I couldn’t breathe.  Kept kneeing the guy in front & was getting kneed from the lady behind me.  At one point I was holding hands with the guy beside me.  👍

Edited by keystone3ply
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, mjoakes said:

Considering wearing a mask at LOS in August. These days, it feels like more people are tolerant of mask choices either way. I like that.

I’ll be wearing my mask.  I wore a mask last year at the Celebration.  I wore my mask all this past week except when eating.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Continental said:

I have to attend a conference in Nashville in September, and I'm perfectly fine with being the only one in attendance wearing a mask.  If someone makes a remark as to why I'm wearing a mask, I'll just say that I have an embarrassingly large zit on my nose, and I'm tired of people focusing on it. 

Getting full blown tests for my breathing problems. Guesses anywhere from low grade long term sinus infection to screwed up septum (nose bone). Doing neti pot, daily sinus spray and asthma type spray couple times a day. Tomorrow start antibiotics to prepare for head scan in 2 weeks.

Mood I’m in hope no one says anything about masking in public. Might get arrested for obscenity.

• Sad 2

5 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

Yes - I was on the aisle row 24 in the middle section & I felt like I couldn’t breathe.  Kept kneeing the guy in front & was getting kneed from the lady behind me.  At one point I was holding hands with the guy beside me.  👍

Oh gawd I’m not going to make it.  😂   

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Getting full blown tests for my breathing problems. Guesses anywhere from low grade long term sinus infection to screwed up septum (nose bone). Doing neti pot, daily sinus spray and asthma type spray couple times a day. Tomorrow start antibiotics to prepare for head scan in 2 weeks.

Mood I’m in hope no one says anything about masking in public. Might get arrested for obscenity.

I hope everything turns out well for you.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

I’ll be wearing my mask.  I wore a mask last year at the Celebration.  I wore my mask all this past week except when eating.  

A great idea would be for someone to invent an edible mask, in the event that you accidentally start eating your mask. 

"This mask tastes like Gummy Bears!"

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Continental said:

That’s honestly brave, going with something that’s kinda embarrassing. Personally I think I would go with the opposite approach: “I was told my hotness distracts people, so I wear this to prevent accidents.” 😝

• Haha 6