Masks!

1 hour ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

We keep one on us at all times and 2 spares in the car. We still have some N95's in the glovebox. I wear one in any store I go to out o an abundance of caution. I felt far more cavalier about it before I had my Dr's appointment last week and uncovered some pretty shocking worsening heart issues. I'm probably quite lucky that I wore one this whole time quite frankly. 

That all being said, besides a few dirty looks, I have not seen people go off the rails with comments here in SE Tennessee. If you chose to wear one, great. If you chose to occasionally wear one, great. If you chose not to wear one, great. Just be respectful of other people. I don't give you s*&% for trying to squeeze into your bedazzled skinny jeans, so don't make fun of me for wearing my awesome Velociraptor mask. 

If we go back to masks I an getting one of the Plague Doctor covid masks available on-line.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

A question regarding masks - How do you dispose of used ones? 

After they have done their job, they are presumably full of virus, yet most just take them off (getting virus on fingers) & then toss them in the trash.  So now you have a virus-spewing trash can...

Mask disposal?  I’ve been wearing the same one since 2020.  I just lay it on my dashboard to sterilize in the sun.  😷😂

• Haha 4

The reason I began this post was about the corps, not the audience. That's why it was locked until I asked for it to be re-opened so I could ask a few questions.

First, does anyone know if Phantom was masking on the buses when touring began?

Also, does DCI require testing every day for the entire entourage, which would be about 150+ daily? And, what are the protocols? Is reporting to DCI mandatory or optional?

This season could unravel quickly if more corps become infected. I just hope all corps are wearing masks on the buses.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, over60 said:

Also, does DCI require testing every day for the entire entourage, which would be about 150+ daily? And, what are the protocols? Is reporting to DCI mandatory or optional?

I am going to take a guess that DCI is leaving that up to the individual corps as a) They are not truly a governing body with any real sway over what happens at the corps level and b) The cost would be enormous and I would doubt that DCI would be footing that bill. I wouldn't think that individual corps would be able to carry that kind of additional financial burden with fuel prices etc already up and no revenue for 2020 and 2021. 

Granted this is my guess and I am not an authority on the subject and could be completely wrong. 

4 hours ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

We keep one on us at all times and 2 spares in the car. We still have some N95's in the glovebox. I wear one in any store I go to out o an abundance of caution. I felt far more cavalier about it before I had my Dr's appointment last week and uncovered some pretty shocking worsening heart issues. I'm probably quite lucky that I wore one this whole time quite frankly. 

That all being said, besides a few dirty looks, I have not seen people go off the rails with comments here in SE Tennessee. If you chose to wear one, great. If you chose to occasionally wear one, great. If you chose not to wear one, great. Just be respectful of other people. I don't give you s*&% for trying to squeeze into your bedazzled skinny jeans, so don't make fun of me for wearing my awesome Velociraptor mask. 

Good luck with the heart issues. 
Like the velociraptor mask, last week was at my old college first time in 20 years. Bought a mask with filter inserts that has college logo. To bad college is Division II and hours away. Only a few local alumni would recognize it. “What the …. does IUP across your mouth mean?”

Edited by JimF-LowBari

2 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

A question regarding masks - How do you dispose of used ones? 

After they have done their job, they are presumably full of virus, yet most just take them off (getting virus on fingers) & then toss them in the trash.  So now you have a virus-spewing trash can...

We have cloth masks with disposable filters. We wash them regularly and put in a new filter. But -- haven't really needed them in a year or so. (Needed = required to use)

Those few folks I see that are still wearing them tend to be older (by my reckoning). 

3 hours ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

I am going to take a guess that DCI is leaving that up to the individual corps as a) They are not truly a governing body with any real sway over what happens at the corps level and b) The cost would be enormous and I would doubt that DCI would be footing that bill. I wouldn't think that individual corps would be able to carry that kind of additional financial burden with fuel prices etc already up and no revenue for 2020 and 2021. 

Granted this is my guess and I am not an authority on the subject and could be completely wrong. 

The corps doctor for BAC told me last month that she had already gone through 400+ covid tests during the first half of ST.  

• Like 3