Drum Corps at the Rose Bowl (June 25, 2022)

I love EVERYTHING about that show except for Oompa Loompa and that’s only because I find it to be a very annoying song in a drum corps show lol 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

I dunno if they’ll make finals given how hard it is to make finals anymore.  But they’re back in the mix for sure with what’s gonna be a fan favorite for their range.  

It’s great to see them take on a show that’s right back in their old wheelhouse!  Should pave the road for a great season

• Like 3

Very enjoyable show by Academy. The Willy Wonka theme and music is well done. Looks like a strong corps of performers so when this cleans they should be very competitive. Some of the music arrangements need to be fleshed out some so we can grab onto the melody a bit more, and I kind of want the main character (Willy Wonka) to be in a more contrasting uniform. But so much of this show is already in good order and they seem to be handling things well to this point. Audiences should love the show! Go Academy! 

• Like 2

I love being in love with The Academy again. Welcome home, kids. 

• Like 2

I have a feeling the Oompa Loompa song is gonna be big.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

I love EVERYTHING about that show except for Oompa Loompa and that’s only because I find it to be a very annoying song in a drum corps show lol 

Oh i love the Oompa Loompa song for this.  1) Tubas!  2) It makes me laugh.

• Like 2

I was listing to the soundtrack and companion album for Shang-Chi and the Ten Rings the other day and thinking “Mandarins should do this”