Drum Corps at the Rose Bowl (June 25, 2022)

3 minutes ago, Wynalazca said:

As a general BD hater besides a few select years (should've won in 08) I agree. I'm not saying I'm a big fan of BDs show this year, but it's a lot better than everything else I watched tonight.

The Academy has my vote  most enjoyable Tonight

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Triple Forte said:

The Academy has my vote  most enjoyable Tonight

The Academy always has my attention- they are excellent!!

• Like 2

Score Changes from Last Night:
SCV: +0.95
Mandarins: +1.15
Academy: +0.7
Pacific Crest: -0.4

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gotta admit, I liked BDs show better than SCV. Better selections and better horn writing. Heck, maybe even better drill. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Vdad76 said:

A lot of people don’t like the Patriots, including me.  But consistent teaching over time  gives an edge to someone.

Oh yeah no of course, everyone wants a lengthy, malleable, expert, and consistent braintrust to rely upon. The patriots have had that for a long time, and similar to BD, if they don’t get first they place second, the NFL’s equivalent would probably be making a SB or conference championship game more often than not. I respect what they’ve done too of course. I just always find myself rooting against dynasties😂 

1 hour ago, NorCalDad said:

BD performs at a level no corps can really match. But I think of Drum Coros as an art. Because something is perfect doesn't make it art for me. I really don't want hear Moon River or maybe Simple Gifts being played by yet another corps. Congratulations to the Blue Devils on preforming what will be a technically perfect show come finals with performers that other corps can only dream of. I, however, will be following shows that maybe will take me the whole season to fully understand.

Is Moon River that common in DCI? Honestly can't remember hearing it (especially not the specific Jacob Collier version that they're playing). Either way I don't really think of BD as the "play the drum corps hits" corps... When they hit me with some Malaguena or anything from Star '93, though, I'll definitely jump ship lol

• Like 3

BD has a varied and entertaining show.  Phenomenal horn line.  Maybe the best in a long time.  Really like the Moon River ballad and the Trumpet and Mello section solo on the right side, wow!   Focus in on the snare line.  Opinions on them?