Wednesday, July 6th ... "DCI Dover" - Alumni Stadium at Delaware State University ... Dover, DE

Well, Boston achieving the highest score at a DCI show thus far this season was not on my bingo card for 2022, but I’ll take it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Metalbinky said:

I guess Crusaders are the corps to beat.  BD and SCV have nothing on them?!?!

SCV.is not in the same guaranteed top three category as BD, which it is safe to say will be in the top two. SCV placed 2nd in 2017, 1st in 2018, 3rd in 2019, but Crown came close to nipping SCV. Prior to 2017, they had not been in the top three for at least ten years, some years out of the top six. I do expect BD to place at least in the top two, but with strong shows by Bloo, Crown, BAC, and Cavies, SCV in the top three may be a possibility but not a guarantee.

• Like 4

To be candid , I barely know the difference between a paradiddle and a parakeet , but those that know percussion tell me Boston’s percussion line is very good , and the drum parts are a killer in demand ,especially in the high velocity drill Boston does this year… Am told the Boston Crusaders are playing the parts pretty well so far in the early going too . Front Ensemble is talented too am told . 

Edited by Boss Anova

7 minutes ago, Barneveld said:

@George Dixon did your opinion differ, if at all, once you saw the Cadets and Boston in person verses seeing them on Flo or in the theater?

Not really I think the experience level of the membership stuck out more in person Boston was cleaner and cadets looked young 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

59 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Well, Boston achieving the highest score at a DCI show thus far this season was not on my bingo card for 2022, but I’ll take it.

one visual caption was a double of another due to the infamous J(udge) Missing appearing on the recap, so it may have inflated it slightly

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Boss Anova said:

This was an experienced judging panel . Those that have seen and heard the Boston Crusaders live the last  week or or so are aware of the layering and improvements taking place . Good to see them being rewarded .

yes J(udge) Missing gets around

In the racing scene they commonly say there's no replacement for displacement.

In the marching world my old friend Jeff Bridges used to always preach about CLARITY. Watching Boston Earlier this season there is no denying they have come out the gate the cleanest visually. 

The judges that popped them this number tonight will be there finals week. They know the message they sent tonight. It was heard loud and clear.  

• Like 1