Sunday, July 10th ... “Drums Across America - Statesboro” … Allen E. Paulson Stadium at Georgia Southern University – Statesboro, GEORGIA

17 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

I’m getting real nervous about the Atlanta regional getting cut short like that due to weather in the southeast with the show being at Georgia state stadium this year 

I’m in Athens, it’s going to be like 90 with afternoon/evening thunderstorms every day until September. good luck

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, FTNK said:

I’m in Athens, it’s going to be like 90 with afternoon/evening thunderstorms every day until September. good luck

That’s why I’d only go to Atlanta if it were indoors. A lot of expense for a rainout if you’re coming from out of town. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 6

30 minutes ago, DrummerParent said:

I think you’ll understand the comment of you go back to the original.  Was agreeing that being at Georgia State instead this year the weather will be a concern.  

Yup. You’re right sorry.  Misunderstood what your reply was to.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Newseditor44 said:

That was like starting a make out session with your girlfriend and then your parents come home. 😮💨

oh-my-george-takei.gif

• Like 1

CADETS ... are good. FREAKIN' GOOD!

A brass book that inherently (because of Jay Bocook's writing) checks all the boxes and the members sound more mature by the week. A lot more like a top 6 corps. That drum line is FIRE!!!! Drill that challenges the individuals listening environments for sure! I am tired of people playing in infinity arcs and following the leader for hours. So much harder to be ever changing your relationships to others physically and the demands in puts on you for listening... THEN... THEN!!!... add in all the simultaneous responsibilities the members have while marching AND playing?! Seriously.... no hype here... The Cadets look more like a Top 6 corps then they do a 7-12 corps. The members need to start to show up with some swag and be (as Donnie Vandoren would say) ... UNDENIABLE!

Now clean, water when needed (because not many do as much as you), and get your ending ready to reveal in ATL or Allentown!!!

• Like 6

Sorry if I missed this, but any reason they didn't score/release the scores of the corps up through Cadets last night?

33 minutes ago, chris ncsu said:

Sorry if I missed this, but any reason they didn't score/release the scores of the corps up through Cadets last night?

If the entire show was unable to be completed due to weather, then DCI's policy might treat the entire show as a rainout?  Just speculating...