Sunday, July 10th ... “Drums Across America - Statesboro” … Allen E. Paulson Stadium at Georgia Southern University – Statesboro, GEORGIA

4 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

Did this show not happen last night? Sorry but I was out. 

STANDSTILL FOR CROWN & BOSTON DUE TO WEATHER BUT THEY DIDN'T MAKE IT THRU CROWN'S PERFORMANCE. 

(Sorry; didn't realize I had my caps locked.)

Edited by keystone3ply
cx

3 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

Did this show not happen last night? Sorry but I was out. 

It was stopped due to weather (lightning in the area?) right after Crown's ballad. 

6 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

It was stopped due to weather (lightning in the area?) right after Crown's ballad. 

6 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

STANDSTILL FOR CROWN & BOSTON DUE TO WEATHER BUT THEY DIDN'T MAKE IT THRU CROWN'S PERFORMANCE. 

(Sorry; didn't realize I had my caps locked.)

Thanks. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

If the entire show was unable to be completed due to weather, then DCI's policy might treat the entire show as a rainout?  Just speculating...   

Depends on the number of corps that compete at the show too. If it’s a slightly larger show and they get most of the performances in before the rain, then they’ll release whatever scores they have and consider the couple of corps that didn’t perform as exhibitions. But since this show was on the smaller side, I guess the people in charge thought that releasing scores wouldn’t make much of a difference, so they were withheld.

• Like 1

I'm sure Cadets got their feedback tapes at least.  They're working on this show real good.

10 hours ago, njthundrrd said:

CADETS ... are good. FREAKIN' GOOD!

A brass book that inherently (because of Jay Bocook's writing) checks all the boxes and the members sound more mature by the week. A lot more like a top 6 corps. That drum line is FIRE!!!! Drill that challenges the individuals listening environments for sure! I am tired of people playing in infinity arcs and following the leader for hours. So much harder to be ever changing your relationships to others physically and the demands in puts on you for listening... THEN... THEN!!!... add in all the simultaneous responsibilities the members have while marching AND playing?! Seriously.... no hype here... The Cadets look more like a Top 6 corps then they do a 7-12 corps. The members need to start to show up with some swag and be (as Donnie Vandoren would say) ... UNDENIABLE!

Now clean, water when needed (because not many do as much as you), and get your ending ready to reveal in ATL or Allentown!!!

FYI The Cadets are skipping the DCI Southeastern Regional in Atlanta this season (so are Blue Knights, Crossmen, Colts, Pacific Crest, Troopers and Jersey Surf).

Probably a better use of time to devote the day to rehearsal!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ykw said:

FYI The Cadets are skipping the DCI Southeastern Regional in Atlanta this season (so are Blue Knights, Crossmen, Colts, Pacific Crest, Troopers and Jersey Surf).

The SE Championships are a joke this year in the old Braves venue @GSU.  I'll show them; I'm boycotting!  

But seriously, I know several folks that are skipping it this year.  Headed to Murfreesboro instead.   

17 minutes ago, ykw said:

They aren’t really skipping it per se.  Since Mercedes Benz stadium was booked, DCI put the 2019 top 6 in both Atlanta and NightBeat and split the other corps to one or the other.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

It looked to me that Crossmen last night had several holes in the horn line.  For example, the Tuba line had only 13 of the 16 that they have been marching.  Does anyone know if they are encountering any health issues?