Sunday, July 10th - “DCI West” … Stanford Stadium – Stanford University – Palo Alto, California

1 minute ago, dcsnare93 said:

Disagree on the ballad comments. Favorite of the season for me, and still very much in flux!

when they get all of the drunken/bendy notes figured out, i think it'll sound totally different.  lookinf forward to it.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lance said:

wish i could hear the front ensemble more. 

This. 

SCV always had the pit that put them ahead of everyone in percussion.  BD has it this year. 

• Like 1

Just now, Lance said:

when they get all of the drunken/bendy notes figured out, i think it'll sound totally different.  lookinf forward to it.  

Those notes aren't going anywhere. They're so true to the Jacob Collier arrangement, which is the whole reason they're doing the song. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Lance said:

I only watch on hi cam and I think this is the closest i've seen the uniform. do they change the tops after the first 30 seconds?  

Yes. They start wearing a cape like tunic, which they then remove and throw into the air. The nifty part is that once the corps comes out onto the field all of the tunics have disappeared completely! 

• Like 5

Just now, Photographer Jim said:

Yes. They start wearing a cape like tunic, which they then remove and throw into the air. The nifty part is that once the corps comes out onto the field all of the tunics have disappeared completely! 

Yeah, thanks.  I think that bold white stripe on the top is super effective, and was just wondering what happened to it, lol. Now I know. 

BD always feels very same ol’ same ol’ to me. I do like this show. And I appreciate the clarity of design, especially alongside SCV’s loose, more free form design. Maybe  someone can explain to me how Moonriver fits into this show (I LOVE Moonriver, it is a very personal and sentimental song in my life), because it feels like a Lawrence Welk moment to me. Who is this song appealing to? I REALLY appreciate the stellar performances by the members, but I’m not yet swept up. Lots of season left, tho. 

• Like 3

Just now, oldbandguy said:

When was the last time the DCI champion won ALL captions?  This show could be the next.

We are seeing different things, but to each it's own.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1