TOP THREE MEDALISTS.

3 minutes ago, B-Flat said:

I'll start here.   Since my life experience means so much to others ability to value my opinion.   

I fell in love with DCI the moment I was introduced to it in the mid 90's.  I unfortunately did not get to March due to having to take care of my sick parent and working my way thru college earning an undergraduate and graduate degree with honors.  I have always stayed close to the activity that I loved and help donate to a good friend of mine that got to march.  I also have several band director friends and know judge adjucators in the activity. 

With that out of the way, I will continue to follow your lead and say whatever I please as long as the DCP guidelines allow it.  I have donated to several corps, volunteered, and been at many finals and shows over the last 25 years with the activity and will continue to do so.   Lastly, please rest assured that I will not stop calling out someome for being a hypocrite, including yourself. Since I never made any comments directly to you and someone else that you felt the need to speak up for, I will also gladly par take in that now that you feel so vindicated in speaking out.  

-Carry on!

That’s fine. That’s my real name so feel free to call me out.  

7 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

We only fight over fast food chains 😂

LMAO!!!!!!! This.......right here is why you are among some of my favorite people to conversate with here on DCP. 

6 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

So were those who attended the Highland Park parade. Ya never know!

What place does that have in this thread, and what comparison are you trying to draw? If you're trying to deescalate a conversation where people are taking competitive band too seriously, maybe comparing it to a (very recent) mass shooting isn't the best way to do that.

I don't personally see a whole lot in common between this thread and what happened at the parade. Just my two cents, as someone who was marching in the band that day.

24 minutes ago, kalad's_phantoms_regiment said:

What place does that have in this thread, and what comparison are you trying to draw? If you're trying to deescalate a conversation where people are taking competitive band too seriously, maybe comparing it to a (very recent) mass shooting isn't the best way to do that.

I don't personally see a whole lot in common between this thread and what happened at the parade. Just my two cents, as someone who was marching in the band that day.

Then perhaps I’m too sensitive when I read someone would give someone the fight of their life. That to me is a bold statement considering the times. Anymore burning questions! 

Edited by Poppycock
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

This place needs more unfounded predictions!

I’m going with;

1. Blue Stars 

2. MCDC

3. Gold

You read it here first!

I think that it will be more like this:

1) The Braintree Braves

2) Kips Bay Kinght Club

3) The Spirit of Newark

International Division:

1) The Edmonton Strutters

2) The Bandettes

3) Contemporary Youth Ensemble

Spirit of Disney Award Winner:

Delta Brigade

5 minutes ago, Boss Anova said:

😂

To clarify I meant it figuratively only, as I am too old and wise to result to violence over petty opinions.

• Like 1

Just now, Barneveld said:

even though they don't like In & Out?

Well I might think about throwing something at them LMAO. 

But in all seriousness, it's all love here brother.

• Like 4