2. Blue Devils (Visual, Guard)

3. Boston Crusaders

4. Carolina Crown (Brass)

5. SCV

6. Blue Stars

7. Cavaliers

8. Blue Knights

1 and 2 can flip, 3 and 4 can flip

Bluecoats scores are lower than they should be because of who they’re competing with, no one is pushing scores up at their shows

This is the show where Crown will finally be passed by other groups, DCP will be on fire for a few days afterwards

Going on last/rehearsing at the stadium greatly benefits Bluecoats, going on early is a detriment to Crown

Top 4 will all be within a point

I agree with wholeheartedly with this but I think BD will take it and BAC wins guard. Bluecoats in 2nd. With Crown only besting BAC by 0.4 last night, I believe Blue Devils and Bluecoats are ahead of them. IMO they both have shows that are better designed than Crown, and I believe BAC and SCV do too. It will be interesting to see if Crown’s brass holds them up much.

Edited by henry7184
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

Curious as to why you singled out Lakers and Dodgers. Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Tampa Bay Lightning won the SB and Stanley Cup that year. 

How come they don't get asterisk? What makes them different?

Because Covid never made it to Florida.

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, NewArpege said:

I think Crown wins with BD within .25 of them.  BAC and BC tie and about .5 below BD.  SCV in 5th p, followed by Cavies, Blue Stars, and BK.

PS. Why are all drum corps with colors only Blue?  Why not the Black Knights or Redcoats?  Always wondered how Blue came to be so dominant. 

You’ll have to see BD’s show to learn all about the color blue.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

I agree with wholeheartedly with this but I think BD will take it and BAC wins guard. Bluecoats in 2nd. With Crown only besting BAC by 0.4 last night, I believe Blue Devils and Bluecoats are ahead of them. IMO they both have shows that are better designed than Crown, and I believe BAC and SCV do too. It will be interesting to see if Crown’s brass holds them up much.

I think BAC has a strong shot for guard title this year (obviously! deservingly!) but I gotta say say, after just now rewatching both runs from last night, I think BD is looking sharper right now. Both are absolute beasts, but in different ways. BAC’s tossing their butts off and basically catching everything, but I’m still seeing a lot of overrotated weapons with shaky catches. BD’s still got those one or two people dropping on many of their big tosses, but when everyone else has solid catches, it’s a bigger net win. 

Both have such hard and interesting books, and their styles are so different. I’m so proud of them all. BAC’s rise has been wonderful to see. BD clearly beefed up their approach, and as of last night, it’s really paying off. Wonderful year for them both. 

Edited by saxfreq1128
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, NewArpege said:

I think Crown wins with BD within .25 of them.  BAC and BC tie and about .5 below BD.  SCV in 5th p, followed by Cavies, Blue Stars, and BK.

PS. Why are all drum corps with colors only Blue?  Why not the Black Knights or Redcoats?  Always wondered how Blue came to be so dominant. 

Because the blues are the only ones that didn't fold

• Like 1

1 hour ago, saxfreq1128 said:

This feels like one of those years where the corps in the 4/5 position have what feel like solid third place shows, for me. It’s just that stacked of a year. SCV in 5th doesn’t quite feel right, and Bloo in 5th doesn’t feel right either — both are too talented with strong shows. Really, no one in the current top 5 has what feels like a 5th place show, for me. But it’s a competition; someone’s got to be 5th! 

I do actually think SCV is being underestimated though, that show is starting to cook. If that isn’t clear by Broken Arrow, I think (hope) finals week + July changes will make it clear.

Yah. 2015 was a year like that for me.  Spark of Invention was such a cool show for SCV.  We were talking about 5 corps contending quite late into the season that year.  They finished 5th with a 93.85.  And it seemed both right and wrong at the same time.

• Like 2

Have Crown and Bluecoats gone head to head yet?

I thought they did but I can't find the scores to show it

35 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

I think BAC has a strong shot for guard title this year (obviously! deservingly!) but I gotta say say, after just now rewatching both runs from last night, I think BD is looking sharper right now. Both are absolute beasts, but in different ways. BAC’s tossing their butts off and basically catching everything, but I’m still seeing a lot of overrotated weapons with shaky catches. BD’s still got those one or two people dropping on many of their big tosses, but when everyone else has solid catches, it’s a bigger net win. 

Both have such hard and interesting books, and their styles are so different. I’m so proud of them all. BAC’s rise has been wonderful to see. BD clearly beefed up their approach, and as of last night, it’s really paying off. Wonderful year for them both. 

Yep. Good point. Never count BD out of anything.

Just now, ThePlanets said:

Have Crown and Bluecoats gone head to head yet?

I thought they did but I can't find the scores to show it

Yes, once. Crown won by a few tenths. Bluecoats show, IMO, is leaps and bounds above Crown’s in overall design, so I expect the outcome to be different by Indy.

• Like 2