San Antonio Schedule Released

31 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

For top groups those dont matter.  RCC did a 14th to 2nd one year because they had a time penalty. BD has gone first at TOC shows and got 1st.

Judges: “Well, it’s all downhill from here!”

• Haha 1

I suspect Cavies would have scored fine going in an earlier slot.   I was just imagining a thing where like say you had the Cavies on, after a full week of shows back on the field, then BK had to follow them.  What would that do to Judges' assessment of BK relative to their tier? 

55 minutes ago, dcifanforlife said:

Shows how much influence the Cavaliers have within DCI.  Bummer for Blue Knights, Colts and Phantom who all perform before a one hour dinner break. Cavaliers have five shows in six days next week so we will see if they can live up to everyone's expectations.  Time is now for them to us what they can do.

I see your point, but idk….I like Colts time slot! After Crossmen and before BK, I’ll take it! I just hope peoples hunger before break won’t distract them! 😂

39 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

You can count on that. Performance order does not matter right now when judges have so much room to work with. Once Finals rolls around, judges have that peak of 20 points to worry about, and that's when performance order can make a difference due to the need for numbers management. 

If the Blue Devils were going on sixth from last in San Antonio would you feel the same? 😁

I think performance order has a lot to do with the mental state of the membership the ability to have longer time to practice get ready before show be hyped because the crowd is a full house etc ….

4 minutes ago, Triple Forte said:

If the Blue Devils were going on sixth from last in San Antonio would you feel the same? 😁

I think performance order has a lot to do with the mental state of the membership the ability to have longer time to practice get ready before show be hyped because the crowd is a full house etc ….

Absolutely. There have been multiple years where BD has gone on first or close to 1st at a TOC show and still won the show

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Cappybara said:

Absolutely. There have been multiple years where BD has gone on first or close to 1st at a TOC show and still won the show

True, but the TOC show for the most part had corps of the same peer group at those shows.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Liahona said:

True, but the TOC show for the most part had corps of the same peer group at those shows.

Well, he asked how I would feel about BD going 6th from last in San Antonio. If they went 6th from last in SA, they would still be in the same peer group as they would at a TOC show. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, OldSchoolCorps said:

I see your point, but idk….I like Colts time slot! After Crossmen and before BK, I’ll take it! I just hope peoples hunger before break won’t distract them! 😂

I think that’s perfect for them since the three corps were scored very similarly across three different shows this weekend - this order will give us a perfect idea of what the Finals cutoff is truly going to look like.

Really, the corps getting the short end of the stick here is Phantom, who would’ve been in the 7-9 timeslot after intermission had DCI not applied the mercy rule on the Cavaliers.

• Like 4

So I just read this...on press article about SA Show

" Corps not competing in any of those events were placed into the drawing order based on projected score to date."

Would this be a true statement? If so, was this in place before the season was underway or recently decided.  I don't recall seeing that part before.