San Antonio Schedule Released

1 hour ago, Triple Forte said:

If the Blue Devils were going on sixth from last in San Antonio would you feel the same? 😁

I think performance order has a lot to do with the mental state of the membership the ability to have longer time to practice get ready before show be hyped because the crowd is a full house etc ….

Well to be honest, for me, BDs performance times dont bother me. BD has proven performance order doesn't matter during the TOC. 

2012-2017..........BD performed in one of the first three time slots 14 times at the TOC. 

10 first place finishes.

3 second place finishes.

1 third place finish.

And BD was 6-0 when they performed first. 

Crown, BD, Boston, Bloo, etc.........if they are "THAT DUDE" like their respective fanbases say they are, then they will come out on top regardless of what time they perform. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

In other news, Boston are officially in the top tier for the first the in their competitive career. 

They have been clean from the get go. Adding to their execution and performance qualities the whole year. 

I suspect they have some additions up their sleeve.

They are in position to fight for the medals and that is a huge step forward for the corps.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, oldbandguy said:

So the judges would not be capable of giving them their correct score, based on their performance, if they aren't pre grouped in their proper tier?

Would be pretty damning if that task couldn’t be achieved if they were performing either the very first or last corps performing, it’s honestly very silly, but I think they could’ve and should’ve if they had to perform in the 13-15 slots

Political hog wash! They do the draw based on no cavies so 10th, 11th and twelfth became 11th, 12th, and thirteenth. Then they inserted Cavies so everyone below Cavies moved down a spot. Would DCI have done this for a Genesis or a Pacific crest?

Spoiler

2 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

Well to be honest, for me, BDs performance times dont bother me. BD has proven performance order doesn't matter during the TOC. 

2012-2017..........BD performed in one of the first three time slots 14 times at the TOC. 

10 first place finishes.

3 second place finishes.

1 third place finish.

And BD was 6-0 when they performed first. 

Crown, BD, Boston, Bloo, etc.........if they are "THAT DUDE" like their respective fanbases say they are, then they will come out on top regardless of what time they perform. 

Based on the TOC experiment I wholeheartedly agree.  Judges (well most of them) are able to manage numbers well enough to keep corps ranked properly.  I do think this affects the scoring -- when corps are seeded in ascending order, scores can generally push higher than otherwise.   

Edited by karuna
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Boss Anova said:

I'm pretty confident that this decision to accommodate the Cavaliers based upon circumstances beyond their control that were of health and safety concern nature ( their decision to pull out of scored competitions ) was discussed with the other Corps to see if they were ok with this performance order accommodation for the Cavaliers... and likely the other corps were onboard with it .  One or two people at DCI Hq, likely did not unilaterally decide to bend the rules to effectuate this change. Its far more likely this was discussed among the Corps, and most, if not all, agreed to it. If thats the case, then I dont see why its of much concern to us that a " mercy rule " accommodation was made to a Corps, given the highly unfortunate and regrettable nature of the illness that beset their Corps.

You have confidence it was discussed with other Corps. They were "likely" onboard with the accommodation.

DCI HQ "likely" did not make a rule bend decision.

WHAT a crystal ball or network you must have!

Yeah, I guess I'm a little more jaded on this and believe it was a "let's take care of" one of "our" signature member Corps.

Nothing against Cav, unless they were lobbying for this schedule change.

Crummy things happen to good people.......all.the.time.  

If it was a "favor", I'm not too comfortable with that.  Everyone works hard to compete. Sometimes an injury puts you in a less competitive state. Does the "sport" give you a "head start"? Nope.

We all take our lumps in life. And get back in the game.

Fair and square.

Schedule as announced/ruled.

Let the judges do their job.

Move on.

Best of luck to all m.m.s

4 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

Oh that's going to happen! Some (Not all) Crown fans are already getting the pre-show excuses ready in case Broken Arrow doesn't go their way. Performance Order will be at the top guaranteed!

I’m glad you added  “not all” in there. I’m a Crownie and that is just the luck of the draw. I am curious why this is only directed at Crown .. I guess because they are gunning for gold and have some nervous. 
BAC by far … by miles .. will be a bigger complainer. Actually anyone who does place as they think they should will complain. If Crown were to win there will be a group of you all talking about how they did not deserve it because of this that or the other. It is a constant spin cycle .. 
I trust the judges to be able to manage the numbers .. this ain’t finals and they have good positioning at San Antonio. I am concerned about the heat for all of them tho. 

Edited by BWise
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, dcifanforlife said:

Shows how much influence the Cavaliers have within DCI.  Bummer for Blue Knights, Colts and Phantom who all perform before a one hour dinner break. Cavaliers have five shows in six days next week so we will see if they can live up to everyone's expectations.  Time is now for them to us what they can do.

Now is the time....  Right here, right now...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Absolutely. There have been multiple years where BD has gone on first or close to 1st at a TOC show and still won the show

Yes, but BD group inc ltd are THE most influential corps in the world.

They own USBands and Western Bands. Of course they get a fair shake from the judges.

Why even have a policy in place if they bend the rules for Cavies. The staff made the decision to not follow or put in place strong COVID protocols and they paid the price. If phantom had been in the same situation this past week we would definitely not have seen this happen for them. Almost every other corps has managed to take care of their business with COVID and performed their shows. Cavaliers take weeks off and get rewarded for mismanagement. Really shows how politics work in DCI. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1