Tuesday, July 19th “DCI Broken Arrow” …. Tiger Stadium Broken Arrow High School … Broken Arrow, OKLAHOMA

4 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

For tonight I think this is what we see from a competitive standpoint. Obviously I think the fans are going to LOVE the show and be super entertained. 

1. Blue Devils 88.4
  2. Bluecoats 87.4
  3. Carolina Crown 87.2
  4. Boston Crusaders 85.9
  5. Santa Clara 84.5
  6. Blue Stars 82.7
  7. Cavaliers 80.7
  8. Blue Knights 75.1

I’m not much of a napper but I think I’m going to try to get one in to stay up for this. 

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’m not much of a napper but I think I’m going to try to get one in to stay up for this. 

I was planning on that, too, until i remembered the all star game is on.  Gotta watch my Yankees crew, so it will be a L-O-N-G night for me, with some adult beverages along the way,

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Vidal28Rdg said:

They’ve already gone ahead and delayed the show an hour and a half to account for the extreme heat, I would have to imagine the heat’s canceled a few shows in the past or has made corps resort to either ununiformed runs or standstills.

Seems like the health department shut down a Sunday afternoon show in the Atlanta area in the 80s when I was in college.  There was a Japanese corps that performed exhibition & several of their members were passing out after their performance.  After that, the county health department made the promoters go to a 'standstill only' without uniforms.  Show may have been in the Decatur, GA area?

Edited by keystone3ply
cx

46 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

For tonight I think this is what we see from a competitive standpoint. Obviously I think the fans are going to LOVE the show and be super entertained. 

1. Blue Devils 88.4
  2. Bluecoats 87.4
  3. Carolina Crown 87.2
  4. Boston Crusaders 85.9
  5. Santa Clara 84.5
  6. Blue Stars 82.7
  7. Cavaliers 80.7
  8. Blue Knights 75.1

Hoping I don’t see Boston go from 1 point behind Crown to .4 behind Crown to 1.3 behind Crown tonight.  I’m thinking BD, BAC, Crown, Bluecoats, SCV, Bluestars, Cavies, Blue Knights.  Stay safe everyone.  

• Like 1

The best story line going into San Antonio is the top four bunched together with the possibility of a complete reordering on Saturday. 

BD, BC, BAC, and Crown in any order all between 87.5 and 88.5

SCV in the 85.5 to 86 range

Blue Stars 82.5 to 83

Cavaliers 81.5 to 82, closer to Blue Stars than last night

Blue Knights 77 to 77.5

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Did anyone else take the afternoon off like Boston? I'm assuming sectionals will be inside for alot of groups. 

Not sure but I think it’s not a bad idea.  Sometimes I think being refreshed and rested is more important than a couple more hours of rehearsal.  Especially  if you’re not throwing in any new stuff- don’t know if that’s Boston’s case.

Just now, DrummerParent said:

Not sure but I think it’s not a bad idea.  Sometimes I think being refreshed and rested is more important than a couple more hours of rehearsal.  Especially  if you’re not throwing in any new stuff- don’t know if that’s Boston’s case.

I agree with getting them out of the sun this afternoon. They are all going to be pumped up tonight being this is the first show the top corps get together this season. The top four are going to do everything they can to make a statement tonight. SCV wants to get back in the medalist conversation so I expect they will be on fire. Blue Stars are looking to show they really are a top six caliber drum corps. I imagine their color guard would like to make a statement tonight. The Cavaliers are getting back on track and should be better after having last night's show under their belt. And the Blue Knights need to step up to stay in finals. I am looking forward to watching this one tonight. I expect great performances all around. 

3 hours ago, DFA1970 said:

So has a competition ever been canceled because of the heat? National Weather Service has issued an excessive heat warning for Broken Arrow area from 12pm-8pm central time. Heat index will be 110-115.

Several Texas shows were "cancelled" (still held but delayed and ununiformed with no scores released) when the state had a heat wave back in 2018.

• Like 2