Tuesday, July 19th “DCI Broken Arrow” …. Tiger Stadium Broken Arrow High School … Broken Arrow, OKLAHOMA

1 hour ago, keystone3ply said:

And I’m starting my sleep block right now in my recliner w/AC, ceiling fan, & the dogs.  The 2 pups actually get a little warm so they might have to move off the lap. 😴 😂

Given the later start for the big show tonight, I'm gonna settle down for a sleep block too.

Read some of the Cap Regiment thread...horrific.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Well there was a reason for the Capital Punishment as their nickname instead of Capital Regiment 

with credit to the 2004 guard bus [corps song, to the Doxology melody from the 04 show]:

Oh Crapital our Regiment, 800 dollars I have spent… to sit on a hot bus all day long, and perform like there is nothing wrong

17 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

The only thing I would dispute here is the comment about Fred Morris. DCI brought Fred in because he knows finance and he knows the rules of travel, insurance, and state and federal laws. He was not a full time drum corps guy. He was running a major company. Once the season ended Fred was asked by DCI to assess the corps. It was not Fred's job to save the corps or be full-time director in the future. He was only brought in temporarily to get Cap Reg down the road and back home after the failure of their own management and staff. Then he made assessments and reported those to DCI. Done. I don't think he stayed around after that. That was not his job. 

Remember too that when DCI suspended the Troopers for a while it was Fred Morris again who DCI hired to go in assess and ultimately they wanted him to be a temp director. He stayed longer, most likely because he enjoyed it, and he helped them build a new bingo hall and fund the corps in many new ways. Troop made top 12 once under his tenure and had plenty of good years. 

I conflated Fred Morris with Fred Morrison, who left Crossmen in 2018 after allegations made about members of the staff and how they were handled.

My sincere apologies, and my original post has been edited. Fred Morris did indeed come in and make sure the corps could finish its season and the members were safe. He wasn’t involved before or after. I didn’t mean to imply that his management caused the corps to fold; the corps was definitely going to die no matter what (and shouldn’t have been allowed to tour in 2006, maybe 2005 too)

Edited by FTNK
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, FTNK said:

I conflated Fred Morris with Fred Morrison, who left Crossmen in 2018 after allegations made about members of the staff and how they were handled.

That's an easy mistake to make. I've done that plenty of times. And yes, the Morrison fiasco was bad. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

The only thing I would dispute here is the comment about Fred Morris. DCI brought Fred in because he knows finance and he knows the rules of travel, insurance, and state and federal laws. He was not a full time drum corps guy. He was running a major company. Once the season ended Fred was asked by DCI to assess the corps. It was not Fred's job to save the corps or be full-time director in the future. He was only brought in temporarily to get Cap Reg down the road and back home after the failure of their own management and staff. Then he made assessments and reported those to DCI. Done. I don't think he stayed around after that. That was not his job. 

Remember too that when DCI suspended the Troopers for a while it was Fred Morris again who DCI hired to go in assess and ultimately they wanted him to be a temp director. He stayed longer, most likely because he enjoyed it, and he helped them build a new bingo hall and fund the corps in many new ways. Troop made top 12 once under his tenure and had plenty of good years. 

Actually Fred had previously worked with the Bluecoats in the late 80's early nineties in many capacities including cymbal and bass tech in different years.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LabMaster said:

I hope others did.  How much could you gain in a long hot (super hot) rehearsal?  It would be counterproductive.  Safety first everyone.

Preventing any single one case of heat exhaustion is paramount to every corps these next few weeks, especially this one. 

I’m assuming the show is going on as originally scheduled? 

1 hour ago, bluecoats88 said:

Actually Fred had previously worked with the Bluecoats in the late 80's early nineties in many capacities including cymbal and bass tech in different years.

Bluecoats Hall of Famer. Class of 2004

EXYo1l6.jpeg

• Like 3