Tuesday, July 19th “DCI Broken Arrow” …. Tiger Stadium Broken Arrow High School … Broken Arrow, OKLAHOMA

7 minutes ago, FTNK said:

2013 BD was awesome and should have won

The demand in that show was CRAZY. It was such an ambitious visual design with lots of environmental demand and the tempos were deceptively fast throughout. Managing 100 poles and keeping it looking clean is a feat in of itself. Most impressively, I feel like the show somehow did the "controlled chaos" visual design even better than Cabaret Voltaire did the year before 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Regarding success breeding hate.........in a way it does. 

Let me ask this, if you call someone a hater how would you expect them to respond? Favorably?  Some BD honks have been using the word hater before this season even started.  

My opinion is the word hater doesn't belong  in this forum.  This is a Hobby,  an activity that people enjoy in their own way and never should they be given a label of hater.  There might be 2 or 3 bad apples but that’s about it.  

Maybe you are talking about other forms but I don’t recall seeing DCP people claiming judges are taking payoffs for results. Judges are definitely bias and if you think I am lying I will simply prove it by saying Corps themselves will tell you if Judge X is judging percussion, brass, visual ..etc.  tonight we are not going to do very well in that caption . That has been going on in drum corps since the least the 1950’s 

Edited by Triple Forte

26 minutes ago, FTNK said:

2013 BD was awesome and should have won

Lord knows I love my Devils. But in 2013, judges got it right. Crown won fair and square. 

But I will say this, BD 2013 was a visual masterpiece. Their visual performance that year was a sight to behold. But the music for me wasn't the greatest. 

2013 belonged to Crown and I am and was super happy for them. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

The demand in that show was CRAZY. It was such an ambitious visual design with lots of environmental demand and the tempos were deceptively fast throughout. Managing 100 poles and keeping it looking clean is a feat in of itself. Most impressively, I feel like the show somehow did the "controlled chaos" visual design even better than Cabaret Voltaire did the year before 

Didn't at least one pole get run into during Finals?

2 minutes ago, Triple Forte said:

Let me ask this, if you call someone a hater how would you expect them to respond? Favorably?  Some BD honks have been using the word hater before this season even started.  

My opinion is the word hater doesn't belong  in this forum.  This is a Hobby,  an activity that people enjoy in their own way and never should they be given a label of hater.  There might be 2 or 3 bad apples but that’s about it.  

Maybe you are talking about other forms but I have never recall seen DCP people claiming judges are taking payoffs for results. Judges are definitely bias and if you think I am lying I will simply prove it by saying Corps themselves will tell you if Judge X is judging percussion, brass, visual ..etc.  tonight we are not going to do very well in that caption . That has been going on in drum corps since the least the 1950’s 

Thank you!  It works both ways.  Yes, there are some who will never like what BD does because it is them, but that's not the majority.  As many annoying BD haters there are, there are equally vocal (and often pompous and rude) BD homers.  

1 minute ago, MBo1974 said:

Thank you!  It works both ways.  Yes, there are some who will never like what BD does because it is them, but that's not the majority.  As many annoying BD haters there are, there are equally vocal (and often pompous and rude) BD homers.  

I 100% agree with this. Every corps fanbase, every sports team fanbase, has jerks and trolls. My hands are certainly not clean and never pretended they were. 

But like with anything, the negative gets highlighted, so it makes it stands out as the majority, when in fact it's just a select few. 

35 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Obviously I can't and won't speak for EVERY BD Honk. But I feel comfortable speaking for the majority of us. 

The problem isn't people not liking BD, or not liking the show design etc. That's fine. We like what we like. Most BD fans have zero issue with that. 

The problem is the people (NOT EVERYONE) that come here and regurgitate the same nonsense of BD cheating, paying off judges, having judges on the payroll, BD robbing corps of wins, and in the last 15 years have never produced a single shred of evidence and proof that BD is cheating. That's the problem. 

ABBD crowd says BDs shows are rinse and repeat, well so is the same crap they spew after every BD win. 

Regarding success breeding hate.........in a way it does. Take college football for instance.............

Let an Idaho University football fan take to social media and say some disrespectful things, yea it will get some negativity, but most people won't even care or look the other way. Cause currently Idaho University isn't a threat to anyone on the college football landscape. Heck most people probably don't even know the Idaho Vandals has a team lol.

However, let an Alabama Crimson Tide fan say the exact same things the Idaho fan said. That Alabama fan will have ignited an epic firestorm across social media of biblical proportions. Even though they said the same things, the difference is Alabama wins all the time, and people want to see them fail. And if the haters can't get the team to lose, they will look for anything the fanbase says and hold the team and school accountable. 

Agreed.  Those type of comments are just flat out ridiculous and/or naïve.

Regarding success breeding hate - for sure a real thing.  Happens all the time in any activity.  See: Duke basketball, Christian Laettner (see the ESPN 30 for 30 documentary entitled “I Hate Christian Laettner” of all things), New England Patriots, Tom Brady, Avon and Carmel HS in BOA, Yankees, Derek Jeter, Chicago Bulls of the 90s, Michael Jordan, LA Lakers dynasties, Lebron James, Boston Celtics dynasty, UCLA basketball in the John Wooden era, etc., etc., etc.  The better the group/team/player, the more the hatred escalates.

I never buy into the concept of hating any group/person because they are that good - I am always amazed at how they can be that good for that long instead.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Triple Forte said:

Maybe you are talking about other forms but I don’t recall seeing DCP people claiming judges are taking payoffs for results. Judges are definitely bias and if you think I am lying I will simply prove it by saying Corps themselves will tell you if Judge X is judging percussion, brass, visual ..etc.  tonight we are not going to do very well in that caption . That has been going on in drum corps since the least the 1950’s 

I was talking more in general, not specifically this season or this particular thread. But yes we have had posters over the years, accuse BD of paying off judges etc. Some of them are still posting, some I haven't seen on here in a while. But yes it has happened. 

Normally they show up in the Finals threads if BD wins, or the regionals threads, I am sure they will pop up in the San Antonio thread if BD wins, OR wins by a margin they don't agree with.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Quad Aces said:

Agreed.  Those type of comments are just flat out ridiculous and/or naïve.

Regarding success breeding hate - for sure a real thing.  Happens all the time in any activity.  See: Duke basketball, Christian Laettner (see the ESPN 30 for 30 documentary entitled “I Hate Christian Laettner” of all things), New England Patriots, Tom Brady, Avon and Carmel HS in BOA, Yankees, Derek Jeter, Chicago Bulls of the 90s, Michael Jordan, LA Lakers dynasties, Lebron James, Boston Celtics dynasty, UCLA basketball in the John Wooden era, etc., etc., etc.  The better the group/team/player, the more the hatred escalates.

I never buy into the concept of hating any group/person because they are that good - I am always amazed at how they can be that good for that long instead.

That's how I am. I appreciate dynasties. I am a 49ers fan. Seattle Seahawks have had our number since 2012. Seattle can talk that noise when it comes to the Niners. If we don't like it, then we need to beat them consistently to shut them up. Until then Seattle and their fanbase can say whatever they want about us. 

I am not the biggest Cam Newton fan, but he said something i totally agree with................

Some reporter asked Cam about NFL Defenders taking exception to his Superman pose every time he scores a TD. Cam's response was "If they don't like me doing it, then keep me out of the endzone."

Straight facts.