THE STANDSTILLS HAVE ALREADY BEGUN

31 minutes ago, Phantom56 said:

Already tonight, at least the Lawton, Oklahoma show has been turned into a standstill--with kids in tee-shirts and shorts. Current temp at 6pm in Lawton is 111.  Again, I urge DCI to alter next summers tour northward.  This extreme heat will be the norm now, and will get even hotter in the coming years. 

I agree. Nothing against the Oklahoma and Texas tour. They are fantastic and there are tons of fans down there, but it would be nice to see more big shows and regionals come back to places like Madison, Minneapolis, Ypsilanti, Buffalo, and I would love to see a DCI Canada again. With the summer tours getting shorter I realize there are only so many places the corps can go. 

• Like 4

Just now, DCFAN said:

I think the entire Texas tour other than San Antonio is in jeopardy.  

Frankly San Antonio too.  I mean its not just the venue but the rehersals.  The corps with the money to find somewhere with indoor AC rehersal will grab them of course, but there's no way all the corps can find or afford such rehearsal space. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jwillis35 said:

I agree. Nothing against the Oklahoma and Texas tour. They are fantastic and there are tons of fans down there, but it would be nice to see more big shows and regionals come back to places like Madison, Minneapolis, Ypsilanti, Buffalo, and I would love to see a DCI Canada again. With the summer tours getting shorter I realize there are only so many places the corps can go. 

I’m sure they’d love it up north but the young fans are in Texas.   I saw an audience photo from Whitewater and I showed it to Jim.  He said what jumps out at you from this photo? I said the audience is OLD.  Hey, I’m old but I really think that their bread and butter needs to be the younger ones 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’m sure they’d love it up north but the young fans are in Texas.   I saw an audience photo from Whitewater and I showed it to Jim.  He said what jumps out at you from this photo? I said the audience is OLD.  Hey, I’m old but I really think that their bread and butter needs to be the younger ones 

Look at the stands for the tour premiere though. Sometimes it's cost vs lineup. I saw 6 finalist corps for $50 where some people are paying that for 4 groups half finalist/half not. Minneapolis used to be a huge show and now it doesn't even exist. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Texas in my observations as well definitely has a generally young audience.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Look at the stands for the tour premiere though. Sometimes it's cost vs lineup. I saw 6 finalist corps for $50 where some people are paying that for 4 groups half finalist/half not. Minneapolis used to be a huge show and now it doesn't even exist. 

Really do hope they bring that show back and I’m not even in the area, no Florida tour to speak of either

11 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

St Louis has a nice, new 22k seat MLS Stadium opening this fall... And we still have the dome. Unless Texas shows are earlier inn the season, the weather isn't worth the rush

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DCFAN said:

I think the entire Texas tour other than San Antonio is in jeopardy.  

They’ve already made the show changes accounting for this weather during the weekend, I doubt they go from them officially delaying to then cancelling all together, unless the weather projects to be even worse. Thursday in Denton actually looks quite promising, relative to what the days before and after look like, perhaps being in the low 90’s by showtime compared to the low 100’s-high 90’s that the Broken Arrow Show will be under, and that’s with the late start!

Edited by Vidal28Rdg