THE STANDSTILLS HAVE ALREADY BEGUN

14 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Look at the stands for the tour premiere though. Sometimes it's cost vs lineup. I saw 6 finalist corps for $50 where some people are paying that for 4 groups half finalist/half not. Minneapolis used to be a huge show and now it doesn't even exist. 

The $25 a piece I used to pay for DCI NKY for Bluecoats, Carolina Crown, Cadets, and Boston is looking pretty good right now. Sprinkle in some Madison, Jersey Surf, Spirit, and Music City during the years too. 

7 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Baltimore! It's a frigid 90 now, down to 67 tonight 🥶

As a Ravens fan, I would love a major competition in Baltimore 

• Like 1

Yes, it would be crazy to abandon Texas. Too many fans and band kids. I just wonder if DCI could do the Texas tour early. I think they did that to some extent in 2011. This would be difficult because corps would have to travel a long way after their camps. And, of course, Texas can get extremely hot anytime from June to August. 

• Like 4

Well, whats happening is the La nina stream. Truthfully, it really wasn't this bad the last two years. What concerns me mostly are the possibilities of hurricanes rolling through me. I have lived through my fair share of tropical weather, but the Gulf of Mexico is steaming hot right now... just not good for us Texans. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

As a Ravens fan, I would love a major competition in Baltimore 

I'm a season tix holder lol

Used to be a HUGE one in old memorial stadium, prior to DCI. Towson University had a show for years, as did Westminster HS. Now we get Annapolis & buh bye. 😋

• Like 1

1 minute ago, keystone3ply said:

I'm in if I can go "sauna" style; nothing but a towel... 😇

sorry no. Not happening lol 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, jwillis35 said:

Yes, it would be crazy to abandon Texas. Too many fans and band kids. I just wonder if DCI could do the Texas tour early. I think they did that to some extent in 2011. This would be difficult because corps would have to travel a long way after their camps. And, of course, Texas can get extremely hot anytime from June to August. 

In my experience, which I have to learn to trust more ‘cause I knew that our early June heat was an anomaly, our hottest temps are during July-August, it just came much more early than usual. I think it would be much easier for them to keep the tour as it is, western corps need to cater to their fans and if they go eastward, back out west, and then eastward again, travel costs balloon and rehearsal time is lost. My selfish tendencies want me to say “TEXAS SHOULD BE LATER!!” but it is perfectly fine as it is now typically being the midpoint, and the initial gathering of all the corps for the season