Thursday, July 21 “DCI Denton” …. Apogee Stadium at the University of North Texas Denton, TEXAS … Thursday, July 21… 7:50 PM CT

1 minute ago, scheherazadesghost said:

There's another way to say saxamaphone? :42_confused:

no.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Here we go! First read on the Colts. I can see what all the hubbub is about. 

Don't know how late I will stay up. Tuesday was way past my 10 PM EST bedtime.

Edited by ThePlanets

1 hour ago, CAtenhut said:

I agree. I think the Cadets are solid 6th and could even push for 5th. So the bigger questions surround the scoring gaps - Will Mandarins be closer to Cadets (the 6-8 tier with Cadets and BS) or Phantom (the 8-10 tier with Cavies and Phantom). 

Also interested to see how close Colts are to BK for that 11-12 spot and if Boston can maybe overtake Bluecoats.

It's going to be a great show and I expect at least 60 pages of comments by the end of the night. 

I think Cadets are better than people realize, and having seen their show twice and reading comments by people who have seen it via Flo, it may be a show that has to be seen live due to their use of the full field. I’m thinking Cadets will be stronger than Mandarins and Phantom and tonight will give us some indication if that is correct. Blue Stars could be a challenge for them and I wouldn’t rule out a late season surge for Cavies for the 6th spot. That being said, my understanding is that the summer thus far has been a great experience both on and off the field for Cadets, the corps is young and hopes of retention for next year are high, so this year could be a preview of coming attractions. 

Regarding Boston overtaking Bluecoats, I’m thinking something is up for San Antonio. It seems quite a few BAC alums are heading to Texas. I also spoke with an alum who never leaves the Cape in the summer who is going to San Antonio and Allentown because he believes BAC is that good. You have to have a good reason to give up sea breezes, hydrangeas, lobsters and steamers and deal with Boston traffic heading to Logan Airport and head to Texas.😀🦞

Edited by Tim K
  • Like 1

Hitting that bass synth pretty hard