Bluecoats ending - yay or ney?

I am a Yay on the Blue Coats current show ending
I like the current ending - hopefully they don't feel like they need to tinker with it every show until finals...
question: is the sampling that they are using during the space chords in the ending sampled live as it happens and reinforcing the final chord, or is it just laid in?
clip starts at 14:02

3 hours ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

There had to be some kind of "we'll really mess with them" thing going on with Bloo's staff to come up with that ending which I get. You want to encourage innovation and creativity and new ways of presenting yourselves, but in general, I want the end of my shows fast, loud and sustained on the final note. 

Three words: Into the Light.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I know this is really on the nose, so I would be surprised if they do it—

Should they revive the keytar at the end?

Edited by MikeRapp
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, tedrick said:

Keytar leads a screaming re-entry of Hey Jude!!!

Please no not that song again lol 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, NakedEye said:

The transition into it is causing it not to work currently. The show seems over and there is a dead stop. Then things start up again for the tag. If they can fix how they get into it, it may be ok. As it is currently, it’s confusing and deflates audience reaction.

I get exactly what your saying and i also agree. However i still like it, it's ok for me, I'm just not bold over by it yet.

“The Bluecoats” was clearly a labor of love. “Lucy” was fun too.  “Riffs” doesn’t feel as inspired. Maybe it’s because acid is more expansive, and pot is more introspective, like this show. The show is growing on me, just not as quickly as former seasons. Regarding the ending, it feels dragged out, though I like the abruptness of the current conclusion… a nice little jolt. Looking forward to how the designers mature it. 

I think Bloo only has two shows this week meaning extra rehearsal time...I bet the version we see in Atlanta has some significant changes. That is often the case - lots of revisions/additions get added between San Antonio and ATL.

Edited by Tailgate88
  • Like 1

On 7/23/2022 at 10:49 AM, scheherazadesghost said:

Dear Bluecoats, our old eyes in this house tricked us into thinking your vertical cars were hot dogs. We had high hopes that the cowboy would eat them in the end.

Maybe that's the new ending you're looking for?

I'll see myself out...

• Haha 1